Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Desperately need to be paid but don't want to chase clients
Previous  1  2

superjew

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 9:39 pm
You need to discuss & agree on payment (plan, method, time etc) Before you commit to your sale/service.
If you need the money I would suggest requesting COD (if its an item) or upon completion of your service. If someone has an issue with that you can discuss this before you start anything. Either come to an agreement of something that is satisfactory to both of you (so you're not pushing anyone away) or if they're being really difficult then I agree with above & you don't need them as your customer.
Now, be sure you have this as a written agreement on an invoice or quote (just type up a standard footer & have them sign it before purchase or service agreement)
If they give you trouble paying on the agreed date you then have the right to call, harass & even send collection agency after them if they agreed to an amount/date they need to pay.
There is a way of being firm & professional without pushing people away. And if you do push someone away, its for good reason. They just walked away because they didn't want to pay (on time).

amother

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 9:44 pm
OP here
Who came up with this 30 day period? where I live, only big companies have such a time frame, most other smaller company expect to either be paid on the spot or within 7 working days or at most 2 weeks

I said I'm not some major company that can afford to have such time frames.
I thought I had something no my invoice stipulating pay within 7 days but I just checked and it's not there so I'm going to put it on.

superjew

Post Thu, Mar 10 2011, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
OP here
Who came up with this 30 day period? where I live, only big companies have such a time frame, most other smaller company expect to either be paid on the spot or within 7 working days or at most 2 weeks

I said I'm not some major company that can afford to have such time frames.
I thought I had something no my invoice stipulating pay within 7 days but I just checked and it's not there so I'm going to put it on.

Thumbs Up

Be sure they sign it before you start anything. Then after 7 days you are ALLOWED to (better yet, SUPPOSED to) send reminder emails, calls etc

Good Luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers