Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you follow social protocol ? or live life the way you wan

amother

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 6:57 pm
Do you do whats right socially just to fit into the norm??I mean of course sometimes you have to .

For example the other day I was at a simcha . And I wasnt really in the mood of being there, I had a long day with my baby and I am pregnant.

So I left early. I am sure some of my relatives there were surprised.

But here I am at 25 doing what I want to do. Returning people's calls when I want to. Going to partys if I want to. Leaving early if I want to and not being afraid of other people opinons.
Also I used to feel like I had to have tons of guest for shabbos because thats what young couples do where I live .
But it got to be too much and I decided I do not need to impress anyone and feel like an outsider if I dont have guest every shabbos. So now I have guest once in a while and I am much happier.

Do you feel like you are living your own life? Or someone elses under pressure from other people?

Tovah

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 7:02 pm
I do what I want most of the time but alittle I probably should do more for others. I guess we make things bigger than they are and feel not in the mood. but really would it hurt to do more?

get what I mean?

Last edited by Tovah on Sun, Aug 06 2006, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

shayna82

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 7:08 pm
I think where you live really shapes who you are. where I live, everything goes.

Do what you feel is the right respectful thing to do, and who cares who others think, you will never ever impress everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics