Home

Easy Marble Cake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

cutegal

Post Posted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 12:18 am       Post subject: Easy Marble Cake
This is a great super easy marble cake. I even used white whole wheat flour and a bit less sugar with great results! Its from cookkosher.com

6 eggs
2 cup sugar
1 cup oil
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
tsp salt

Mix all the ingredients together well. Reserve one cup of batter on the side. Place the remaining batter in the prepared bundt pan. Add a few TBS chocolate syrup to the reserved cup of batter and mix well to incorporate the syrup. Add the chocolate mixture to the cake and use a knife to marbelize the batters together. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the cake tester comes out clean.

ra_mom

Post Posted: Sun, Jan 09 2011, 1:14 am       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
This looks great. Thanks for posting!
I look forward to trying it (I hope it will work with cocoa instead of choc syrup)!

CK2

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 12 2011, 2:48 am       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
Thanks for posting about cookkosher. Dont forget to rate and review the recipes after you try it.

mandksima

Post Posted: Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:01 am       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
Thanks so much for this recipe. It came out really yummy and it is going into my circulating cake recipes for Shabbat.

Hashem loves me

Post Posted: Fri, Jan 21 2011, 4:53 am       Post subject: Re: re: Easy Marble Cake
ra_mom wrote:
This looks great. Thanks for posting!
I look forward to trying it (I hope it will work with cocoa instead of choc syrup)!

ra mom, did it work well with cocoa?

Luvinglife

Post Posted: Fri, Jan 21 2011, 10:04 am       Post subject:
I did it with cocoa and the cake is disappearing...
Should I call ghosthunters? Wink
All kidding aside, the cake came out delish!!

grace413

Post Posted: Sat, Feb 05 2011, 4:55 pm       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
I made this for Shabbat and my kids loved it!
Thanks.

mama-star

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 17 2011, 10:53 am       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
could this be made in a 9x13 pan? for those of you who used cocoa powder, how much did you use?

ra_mom

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 17 2011, 11:38 am       Post subject: Re: re: Easy Marble Cake
mama-star wrote:
could this be made in a 9x13 pan? for those of you who used cocoa powder, how much did you use?
Yes, to the 9x13 pan.
And about 2-3 Tbsp of cocoa. Smile

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, Jun 07 2013, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

aleph

Post Posted: Fri, Jun 07 2013, 3:59 pm       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
just made this... house smells great.... thanx! Very Happy

gp2.0

Post Posted: Fri, Jun 07 2013, 4:04 pm       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
What's the texture like? I'm hunting for a light fluffy easy marble cake. Is it only possible for the cake to be light if separating eggs and (whipping?) them?

aleph

Post Posted: Fri, Jun 07 2013, 4:12 pm       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
Not sure yet about texture, actually just took it out.... I am not much of an expert so I never know what will turn up. I am hoping. The batter was quite thick if that gives you any relevant info.... will cool and taste and post if possible before shabbos.... Smile

ra_mom

Post Posted: Fri, Jun 07 2013, 4:25 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Easy Marble Cake
gp2.0 wrote:
What's the texture like? I'm hunting for a light fluffy easy marble cake. Is it only possible for the cake to be light if separating eggs and (whipping?) them?
It's kind of like pound cake.

ra_mom

Post Posted: Fri, Jun 07 2013, 5:27 pm       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
You can make this if you want an easy light marble cake.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ght=sponge

aleph

Post Posted: Sat, Jun 08 2013, 10:59 pm       Post subject: re: Easy Marble Cake
So cake had a yummy, vanilla-y taste and smell. Only thing is I think I may have left it in a little too long and it was a little less moist than I would have hoped.... or maybe I used the wrong pan. Does it have to be a bundt pan? Or can I use a regular flat one...?
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Page 1 of 1