Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ds keeping himself back from going to bathroom

esteer

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 5:45 pm
My ds 3.5 had a rash about 4 weeks ago which hurt him when he made #2 the boboo is long gone but the scare is there, he keeps himself back from going every 2-3 days till has no choices ,had made a few accidents but can't make him go. Please anyone who had it with a child I need ideas how to handle it its getting to my nerves already

superjew

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 6:03 pm
How about rewarding after if he goes nicely?
You can either do it until he gets comfortable again or stickers and after the one sheet is done a prize

sneakermom

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 6:29 pm
I like the above poster's idea. I would also talk to him and reiterate, "Right you were scared to go to the bathroom when you had that boo boo....and now the boo boo went away....but your still scared, you don't want it to hurt you". Then I would offer him some vaseline to put there and tell him that will make sure that he won't feel any pain at all and that the rash will stay away. This way he has a solution to focus on instead of just the boo boo.

esteer

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 10:44 pm
Thanks for the reply I tried it with the vaseline but I guess the scare is overpowering his mind ill try doing it with stickers hope that will help any other solution?

malkah

Post Tue, Mar 22 2011, 12:57 am
esteer- I just sent you a PM.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics