Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
"Ya'alili" music video by 8th Day
Previous  1  2

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 12:53 pm
su7kids wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:

0:07 -- Pomegranate shopping cart
0:12 -- Pomegranate bags
The whole thing -- everybody's hats and aprons say Pomegranate
2:33 -- Long, not-connected-to-anything shot of "Pomegranate Signature Brand Gefilte Fish"
Shortly after that -- pan down a stack of Pomegranate-brand salads

I'm not being negative, just pointing out that it IS obvious.

Should we argue? I don't think so. I'm just saying that since I'm not familiar with Pomegranate, I didn't notice those things at all. I happen to know it WAS filmed there, but didn't seem like advertising to me. You are probably very familiar with the store.

Most out of towners aren't.

I'm not trying to argue, I just want to make one last point -- in a world where advertising "real-estate" on a spot on race-car driver's uniform practically the size of a postage stamp gets sold to corporate sponsors for huge amounts of money, I guess I'm jaded to believe that any opportunity to promote your brand is a deliberate attempt.

And I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying I'm assuming it's deliberate.

I said it felt a bit like a commercial.

Seeing swing dancers in Gap khakis doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the music and dancing, but I'm still aware that they're increasing brand awareness (even if not actively trying to sell me something).

Call me a cynic. Wink

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 1:31 pm
I love the way they dance, I guess I'm a fan of jive, but I hate khakis LOL

Zahava

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 2:37 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
su7kids wrote:
1. My son is in it!
2. If you don't know its Pomegranate, there is no way to know. I have never been there and it doesn't seem like an ad for Pomegranate at all.
I think we are the # 1 fan family, and very proud of it, and very excited that we have a family member in the video!!!

2:33 -- Long, not-connected-to-anything shot of "Pomegranate Signature Brand Gefilte Fish"

I think they were trying to point out the cultural differences in food, actually. The gefilte fish vs. the spicy salads, etc.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 2:57 pm
Zahava wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:
su7kids wrote:
1. My son is in it!
2. If you don't know its Pomegranate, there is no way to know. I have never been there and it doesn't seem like an ad for Pomegranate at all.
I think we are the # 1 fan family, and very proud of it, and very excited that we have a family member in the video!!!

I think they were trying to point out the cultural differences in food, actually. The gefilte fish vs. the spicy salads, etc.

I agree with Zahava. I live in Israel and have never steped foot into Pomegranate. I have only seen their ads in Mishpacha. I had no idea that this was filmed there and I did not notice one of the items mentioned above. The message I got from the song and video was all about cultural diversity! And I didn't recognize one worker. This was very different from the Gap commercial. (which I loved btw)

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 2:59 pm
For someone (like myself) who never heard of this store (not in a magazine or in real life or anything else) I never even noticed any names on anything the whole video.
So, its only a "commercial" for those that know what it is.

I thought it was cute.

curlytop

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 11:15 pm
su7kids wrote:
1. My son is in it!

Which one is your son?
I got a kick out of this video, not exactly sure what the words mean but it is funny and entertaining.

dGirl

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 11:24 pm
Someone posted this as a comment under their youtube video, for all those asking about translation:

"eng. translation- Ilili Tanz lover that will be luck may be, not the Bay Deir''that will be the Spanish groom, bride Rachel Ashkenazi handsome Spanish Mama Baba Sally Rachel Ashkenazi Sephardic Ashkenazi Rabbi Nachman of luck that will be Spanish, not''The Bay of Deir Ashkenazi Ilili Tanz lover Gina Gina Spanish Yossi Ashkenazi even hear a Spanish father, the eighth day of joy deadlines Spanish Ashkenazi, A. Ashkenazi Gut Yom Tov Spanish that will be good luck,''the Bay Island of Deir Ashkenazi"

dGirl

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 11:26 pm
And I'm loving the dancing. If we women can't get out there, I'm glad to see some good work done by the guys! Great video, catchy tune, and it might just be my next purchase Smile

hadasa

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 12:34 am
dGirl wrote:
Someone posted this as a comment under their youtube video, for all those asking about translation:

"eng. translation- Ilili Tanz lover that will be luck may be, not the Bay Deir''that will be the Spanish groom, bride Rachel Ashkenazi handsome Spanish Mama Baba Sally Rachel Ashkenazi Sephardic Ashkenazi Rabbi Nachman of luck that will be Spanish, not''The Bay of Deir Ashkenazi Ilili Tanz lover Gina Gina Spanish Yossi Ashkenazi even hear a Spanish father, the eighth day of joy deadlines Spanish Ashkenazi, A. Ashkenazi Gut Yom Tov Spanish that will be good luck,''the Bay Island of Deir Ashkenazi"
um. Google translation. Very Happy

bigsis144

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 1:45 am
Zahava wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:
su7kids wrote:
1. My son is in it!

Ya know, I didn't get that, but now that you mention it, it totally makes sense! Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links