Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ocean Parkway & Foster Avenue location?

cheesy

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 11:09 pm
Does anyone have experience with the surrounding neighborhood by Ocean Parkway and Foster Avenue? How frum is this neighborhood and is it considered a relatively safe one? I ask because the apartments there are really cheap. How is transportation to grocery stores and other necessities without a car? And are there many frum families and kids in the co-op buildings around there?

We are modern orthodox.

gila-rina

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 12:54 am
Not really sure how to answer this. There is a whole bunch of frum people on E7-E9 between Foster and Ave H. As well, there are families living in the apartment buildings on H. As far as frumkite goes, its really a big mix- as someone called it an in- town out of town place. There is the Aguda on H, a Karlebach shabbos/yom tov minyan on E7th, a Chabad place on Ocean Parkway (possibly in the elementary school, not sure). There also a few more shuls across Ocean Parkway towards Boropark. Closest Kosher Grocery is on Parkville & E2. You also have the Shop rite on Ave I not far. There are buses running down Ave. I and Coney Island There is also the Hanukov bus on Ocean Parkway.
AS far as safety concerned, in the 7 years that I'm living around here- haven't heard of any problems. Hope this was helpful.

peanutg

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 9:48 pm
people get scared by the muslim looking people but they are really pakistanis there and pretty harmless

mommalah

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 7:38 pm
peanutg wrote:
people get scared by the muslim looking people but they are really pakistanis there and pretty harmless

they could be Muslim pakistanis and most likely are given the sheer number of halall meat stores on and around coney island and foster ave. area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries