Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Manhattan

blue eyes

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 9:29 pm
Change of plans instead of PA its Manhattan!!

Im gonna be spending the weekend in NY- Thursday Friday in manhattan
any ideas wild fun, nice outside, massage maybe, night life, good restaurants and nice but not sky rockiting hotels. etc..

blue eyes

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:23 am
nothing?

havefaith

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:26 am
There are nice restaurants in times square. and theres nightlife there. or you can go to thirty fourth. also some restaurants and shopping.

princessleah

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:08 am
What kind of stuff do you want to do? What are you interested in? Indoor/Outdoor, touristy, cultural, etc?
Have you been there before and done a lot already or no?

blue eyes

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:13 am
princessleah wrote:
What kind of stuff do you want to do? What are you interested in? Indoor/Outdoor, touristy, cultural, etc?

I am being there for Thursday Friday.. so I wanna get lots of stuff in.
I wanted to do some wackey stuff, nice outdoors, and maybe some romantic things...
I thought of a helicopter ride, DH said it was too dangerous.. lol

Smiling Wife

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:18 am
Blue Eyes: Empire State is a must!
Also, there are a couple of really good steakhouses that are hard to find anywhere else : Wolf and Lamb, Le marais and Abigail ( and maybe a couple others) ...I prefer by far Abigail ( chof K ).
A tour of manhattan by water is great, you take the ferry and it takes I think about 2 hours to circle to island, but then for free you can take the Staten Island ferry and do the water thing....there are wwwaaaay too many things to do in the city! MOMA is great if you are into museums...Broadway show depending on where you are hashkafically...I can go on and on and on

princessleah

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 9:23 am
blue eyes wrote:
princessleah wrote:

I am being there for Thursday Friday.. so I wanna get lots of stuff in.
I wanted to do some wackey stuff, nice outdoors, and maybe some romantic things...
I thought of a helicopter ride, DH said it was too dangerous.. lol

Stuff in Manhattan is really expensive too, so just keep that in mind when trying to book a helicopter ride!

You can go to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island by boat, it is really nice and the Ellis Island museum is very interesting.
If you've never been, definitely go to Times Square. Central Park-- has tons of stuff to see and look at.

Also walking around the village is quite the experience-- you can see Washington Square park, Union square, lots of interesting people-watching opportunities.

Walk the high-line (an old elevated train track that was turned into a pedestrian mall).
Battery Park City, South Street Seaport.

Walk around the Lower East Side and get some Pickles and Bialys...

Am I anywhere close to what you want to do?

blue eyes

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 4:19 pm
Smiling Wife wrote:
Blue Eyes: Empire State is a must!
Also, there are a couple of really good steakhouses that are hard to find anywhere else : Wolf and Lamb, Le marais and Abigail ( and maybe a couple others) ...I prefer by far Abigail ( chof K ).
A tour of manhattan by water is great, you take the ferry and it takes I think about 2 hours to circle to island, but then for free you can take the Staten Island ferry and do the water thing....there are wwwaaaay too many things to do in the city! MOMA is great if you are into museums...Broadway show depending on where you are hashkafically...I can go on and on and on

I tried to google that, but coulnt come up with an address. any other nice places to eat?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 06 2011, 4:25 pm
Le Marais
150 West 46th Street (bet 6 & 7)
212-869-0900

Abigail's
1407 Broadway (39th Street)
212-575-1407
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries