Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Making Aliyah..having some doubts...
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:37 am
peanutgallery7: Sounds like your kids have a good head start.

I think if you like the community, it can work. Depends how much of a "city mouse" you are. And having a car helps tremendously. That way if you find you need a dose of urban life, it is accessible.

Tablepoetry

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:37 am
You should know that in Israel, kids in towns/cities wander about freely too. Not little kids usually, but once they get to their preteens/teens....well, they go by themselves to the mall, downtown, to the beach, etc. I've never lived in NY but I hear people say that it's scary to send a 12 year old there on her own. Here the mentality is very different. Your kids are definitely at an age when they are allowed to freely roam in most cities in Israel, at least during the daytime/evening.

Also remember that Israel is a very small country and even if you choose to live elsewhere, you probably won't be a long drive away from your SIL.

Do your kids also want a yeshuv lifestyle? I think yeshuvim can be great if you fit in their socially. If you don't, it can, as you say, be extremely isolating.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions