Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema remedies/management (in Israel)

Stepmum

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 6:28 am
My daughter has moderate eczema. I usually manage it by moisturising, putting stuff in her bath, using steroids on flare-ups, and keeping her legs and arms covered so she can't make herself bleed.

We arrived in Jerusalem last week, and her eczema's gotten quite bad. It's too hot to keep her covered up, so that means she scratches and irritates it. To make matters worse, I've only got a small amount of steroids, and I forgot her bath oil at home... Sad

Any recommendations of what I can use, to ease her pain/clear her eczema? I have heard of clear cream, does anyone know where I can buy that? What else can I use, without a prescription?

Any advice, remedies, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Bored

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 7:11 am
I use vaseline/aquafore after a bath. You can probably get a vaseline at a pharmacy. I do have steroids if you want to get some from me (just have to look for them). It s very dry here now, my son's eczema is acting up too. I think I am going to use full pj's at night so I can moisturize properly.

good luck

Liba

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 7:43 am
They have good bath oil here. I use Balaneum bath oil in my son's bath water. You can get it any pharmacy. I get steroid cream from our kupah pharmacy, but I imagine it should be available through a chain pharmacy as well. I don't know if you need a prescription or not though for hydrocortisone cream here.

Shuly

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 9:23 am
Clear Cream is the best! They sell it in most of the frum pharmacies in Jerusalem. The Geulah pharmacy has it as well as the pharmacy on the corner of Bar Ilan and Shmuel Hanavi and the Ramat Eshkol pharmacy.

Stepmum

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 9:31 am
Thank you for all your advice.

I got clear cream from a pharmacy opposite the shuk. I'm going to apply it when she wakes up. I've got moisturizer to apply after her bath - one of Aveeno's, that the Dr. prescribed. I'm keeping her in long pyjamas, but it's the day that's a problem - it's too hot for tights, and she scratches herself raw. I guess it'll be long jeans, despite the heat..

Thanks for the advice about Balaneum, I think I used that at one point, I forgot to ask the pharmacist but I'll do that next time I go out.

Thanks for the offer of steroids, Bored. Hopefully I'll manage with the clear cream and intense moisturising - I'll be back here if it doesn't help! Smile

jflower

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 11:25 pm
I had good results with olive oil. I just rubbed it in after my shower, and it really helped.

Stepmum

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 11:03 am
Thank you all for your advice. B"H, after using clear cream religiously, her skin is soft, and practically eczema free. What I am really impressed with is the softness - after steroid use her skin is generally really dry, even with moisturising. With the clear cream, it took a little longer than steroids, but 5 days later, she is not itching, and her skin is yummy.. Can you tell I'm obsessed? Smile

Now I need to figure out the most economical way to buy more of this stuff..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics