Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Carpool help

amother

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 4:48 pm
I have a child who will be starting nursery in September I"H. My husband and I both work full-time, there is no way either of us can drop him off at 9 or pick him up at 3. When this issue came up with my first child, someone called me to be the 5th person in a carpool. I told them I would love to join but can't drive, and that I would be happy to pay a carpool member to drive my turn. They were happy with my offer and one mom drove my morning and a second one drove my afternoon. I paid $100/month. I have been unable to find a carpool looking for an additional person at this time. Either they are full or have only found 1 or 2 other people and need more to avoid having to drive daily. The private transportion option is pretty pricey, although I will do it as a last resort. Anyone with any great ideas for me?

shoshina

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 4:53 pm
Who will be home for your child at 3? Do you have a nanny you could pay extra to drive your car during your turn? Otherwise it might be good to be proactive and look to start your own-- get the two two-person carpools together and be the 5th person-- hopefully you can come to the same arrangement about driving.

farm

Post Fri, Apr 29 2011, 12:18 pm
Are there any preschool teachers from that school living near you who will have the same hours as your kid? Maybe you can offer them payment to drive him?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics