Home

Carpool help

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Post Posted: Thu, Apr 28 2011, 3:48 pm       Post subject: Carpool help
I have a child who will be starting nursery in September I"H. My husband and I both work full-time, there is no way either of us can drop him off at 9 or pick him up at 3. When this issue came up with my first child, someone called me to be the 5th person in a carpool. I told them I would love to join but can't drive, and that I would be happy to pay a carpool member to drive my turn. They were happy with my offer and one mom drove my morning and a second one drove my afternoon. I paid $100/month. I have been unable to find a carpool looking for an additional person at this time. Either they are full or have only found 1 or 2 other people and need more to avoid having to drive daily. The private transportion option is pretty pricey, although I will do it as a last resort. Anyone with any great ideas for me?

shoshina

Post Posted: Thu, Apr 28 2011, 3:53 pm       Post subject: re: Carpool help
Who will be home for your child at 3? Do you have a nanny you could pay extra to drive your car during your turn? Otherwise it might be good to be proactive and look to start your own-- get the two two-person carpools together and be the 5th person-- hopefully you can come to the same arrangement about driving.

farm

Post Posted: Fri, Apr 29 2011, 11:18 am       Post subject: re: Carpool help
Are there any preschool teachers from that school living near you who will have the same hours as your kid? Maybe you can offer them payment to drive him?
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1