Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd complaining about ear after dr. visit

amother

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 12:14 am
I took my 22 month old dd to the doctor today because she looked like she was coming down with pink eye. She has pink eye, plus the doctor said that she has some fluid in one ear, but no infection. Before the doctor was able to see clearly in her ear, he cleaned out some wax that was in the way. My dd screamed bloody murder while he was doing it, and has been very cranky, crying and whiny since, and has been complaining "boo boo" and showing me her ear. It's so sad.

Do you think it's possible the doctor did something to her ear? She was perfectly fine before going to the doctor, and had no issues other than her eye.

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 12:17 am
My son just got his ears cleaned and he was complaining that it hurt for about a day. His doctor told me that it will feel uncomfortable, as she did go pretty deep to remove the wax.
It probably is okay, but if she's still complaining after a few days you might want to call the doctor to confirm that.

amother

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 12:34 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
My son just got his ears cleaned and he was complaining that it hurt for about a day. His doctor told me that it will feel uncomfortable, as she did go pretty deep to remove the wax.
It probably is okay, but if she's still complaining after a few days you might want to call the doctor to confirm that.

Thanks. Good to know.

momof2sofar

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 10:02 am
This has happened to us several times. Once the dr. missed an ear infection and it burst in her ear. Other times the "boo-boo" went away. If she still complains tomorrow I would take her in again.

sunshine!

Post Fri, May 06 2011, 10:50 am
Once my doctor cleaned a piece of wax out of my daughter's ear and actually scratched it. He told me that the wax was pretty stuck so it may have caused a little nick or scratch. My daughter actually had some bleeding from it but the pain was gone after a day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics