Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Yom Hazikaron - Also a Memorial for Terror Victims

grace413

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 2:56 am
Within the last few years, the government decided to add victims of terrorism to the people commemorated on Yom Hazikaron. There is a seperate ceremony for them. Those who died in terrorist attacks also died Al Kiddush Hashem, paying the price of living here with their very lives.

Unfortunately, this topic is dear to my heart as my wonderful friend Genia Berman was killed in a bus bombing almost 8 years ago. She was a loving wife, a great mother to her 5 kids, a loyal friend to many and a caring teacher. I miss her every day.

Marion

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 3:13 am
Can I express sorrow for your loss and still disagree with your point of view? I think terror victims should have their own memorial day. Their deaths are not the same as those of our soldiers, and the soldiers' sacrifice deserves its own day.

grace413

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 3:30 am
Thank you Marion.

It's not my point of view that terrorist victims should be commemorated on the same day as the soldiers - I had no part in the government decision. I am glad that they are given more recognition than previously.

People also debate whether it's good or bad to have Yom Hazikaron right before Yom Haatzmaut, that bereaved families can't make the switch from mourning to celebrating. I can see both sides of the issue.

Raisin

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 5:17 am
the palestinians justify killing 5 month old babies since they say they are potential soildiers. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions