Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Horrible baker needs CARROT MUFFIN recipe

amother

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 3:50 pm
Hi,

My children are begging me to make carrot muffins or butternut squash muffins for one of their bdays and I really would LOVE no- fail recipes for each of these. I bought frozen butternut squash so Im all ready for that recipe but would also like carrot muffin recipes. Does anyone have REALLY easy recipes for a REALLY bad kugel maker?

ps Is it a problem if I dont have a food processor? Or I have a mini-cuisinart with blade actually. The butternut squash I bought is already pureed. Please help....

suzyq

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 4:00 pm
try this - it's delicious -
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Z......aspx

amother

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 5:17 pm
here's a recipe that is really easy. My family LOVE it, whenever I make it there is nothing left! Let me add I do not like baking either, at all, always flops. But this always works. And you don't need any mixer, blender, or processor.

4 large carrots,
1 cup flour,
1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar,
1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 cup oil,
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

cut carrots into chunks and boil till they're very soft. take them out of the water and mash with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix all together. Now you can either put it into a small container or muffin ones, but spray them with oil spray first. bake uncovered till its brown on top, and stick a toothpick through, when it comes out dry they are done, (muffin size should be around 30mins)

I always double this recipe, there is never enough otherwise. I've also made it with half the sugar - not as sweet but still tastes good.

I hope this helps you!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:
here's a recipe that is really easy. My family LOVE it, whenever I make it there is nothing left! Let me add I do not like baking either, at all, always flops. But this always works. And you don't need any mixer, blender, or processor.

4 large carrots,
1 cup flour,
1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 cup oil,
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

cut carrots into chunks and boil till they're very soft. take them out of the water and mash with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix all together. Now you can either put it into a small container or muffin ones, but spray them with oil spray first. bake uncovered till its brown on top, and stick a toothpick through, when it comes out dry they are done, (muffin size should be around 30mins)

I always double this recipe, there is never enough otherwise. I've also made it with half the sugar - not as sweet but still tastes good.

I hope this helps you!

AWESOME.. sounds just like what I was looking for! G-d bless you! So 1) what temp do I put the oven on and 2) how high up the muffin cup do I fill with the batter? (yes I am that clueless). Also, if I double the recipe so it is 8 carrots and 2 cups flour, how many muffins will that make?

soldat

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 6:23 pm
love the recipe in KBD kids in the kitchen - I use www flour, and add an egg

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 6:39 pm
amother wrote:

4 large carrots,
1 cup flour,
1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 cup oil,
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

I hope this helps you!
wow, thanks for this recipe. I just posted (and then deleted my post Smile ) looking for a way to make carrot muffins with cooking the carrots instead of shredding them. im going right to make this. thanks.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 7:03 pm
I made a fabulous easy recipe today, I hope I can find the time to type it up soon.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 7:10 pm
I totally cheat I buy mix then add fresh carrots and raisins .
make either a pareve cream cheese icing or the real deal . Very Happy
I get compliments and recipe requests galore Wink

Nomad

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 7:44 pm
duncan hines started making a carrot cake mix and its really good!

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 8:08 pm
Nomad wrote:
duncan hines started making a carrot cake mix and its really good!

THAT IS THE ONE!!! thank you I was having a brain blip lol Very Happy

Marigold

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 8:13 pm
I make this recipe all the time and it is absolutely scrumptios.

3/4 cup pureed carrots
1 tbs vanilla sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs orange juice
dash of cinnamon

Boil chunks of carrots until soft, then mash with fork. In a mixing bowl add all the rest of the ingredients and pour into individual muffin tins, spray with oil or use cupcake holders. Bake on 350.
This is the best carrot muffin recipe I ever used.

Motheroftwins

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 8:33 pm
I actually just took my muffins out of the oven and my kids ate half of them!

I use a recipe that calls for baby food. It is fantatic, NO FAIL!!

1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 jars baby carrots - stage 2

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into cupcake tins - you can also bake this into a 9" round pan and make it a kugel. Bake at 350 until done.

I serve them room temp, but I know ppl who heat them up to serve.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 4:15 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

4 large carrots,
1 cup flour,
1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 cup oil,
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

I hope this helps you!

AWESOME.. sounds just like what I was looking for! G-d bless you! So 1) what temp do I put the oven on and 2) how high up the muffin cup do I fill with the batter? (yes I am that clueless). Also, if I double the recipe so it is 8 carrots and 2 cups flour, how many muffins will that make?

I'm glad yoy like it, I'm actually about to make it myself now!
Temperature should be 350. ok and I'm also quite clueless, I never thought to check how to fill the muffin cups, I just sort of fill it till it looks right! I've made it in all different sizes so I don't think it matters, I think just the bigger it is the longer it needs to bake. Also I forgot to add I sometimes add a drop of cinnamon to give a bit more interesting taste.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 4:28 am
And sorry I forgot to say 8 carrots, if I remember correctly makes about 14 muffins, but these were in disposable foil ones which I think were slightly bigger than a muffin tray.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 1:05 pm
Paddington Bear wrote:

3/4 cup pureed carrots
1 tbs vanilla sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs orange juice
dash of cinnamon

Boil chunks of carrots until soft, then mash with fork. In a mixing bowl add all the rest of the ingredients and pour into individual muffin tins, spray with oil or use cupcake holders. Bake on 350.

I make this one all the time and we LOVE it. I make 3x or 4x the recipe because they freeze great.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
Paddington Bear wrote:

3/4 cup pureed carrots
1 tbs vanilla sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs orange juice
dash of cinnamon

I make this one all the time and we LOVE it. I make 3x or 4x the recipe because they freeze great.

[color=Font Color] [/color] Forgot to add, the original recipe makes a dozen muffins. Fill the cup about 3/4 and bake on 350 for 30min.
Enjoy

amother

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 1:23 pm
OP here,

I made them and they are so good! THANK YOU. But how do you all get themuffins out of the tins without breaking apart. I did one set in aluminum with doileys and one set straight in one of those rubber-ish muffin pans

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Sep 22 2010, 1:43 pm
I made paddington bear's recipe too. yay.
(I only got 8 muffings though)

and OP, spray the tins with baking spray, they come out like a dream.

SV

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:02 pm
Paddington Bear wrote:

3/4 cup pureed carrots
1 tbs vanilla sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs orange juice
dash of cinnamon

About how many carrots should I use to get 3/4 cups of mashed?

wifey

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:16 pm
I use the recipe in kosher palette for carrot kugel but sib fresh jars of baby food and put it in muffin cups instead - delish!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen