Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eyelid dermatitis anyone?

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 11:14 am
My DD (4) has a small dry patch of skin right over her eye. I thought it would go away but it's getting redder and more scaly. Her Ped. said we could use some kind of steroid cream to get rid of it, or just ignore it and see if it goes away on its own. He said it's some kind of eczema. she's never had any problems with her skin before this.

Anyone have this?

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 10:48 pm
bumpity bump

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 10:54 pm
try some opthamolic neosporin

pina colada

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 10:55 pm
my ds had dry skin near his eye which the opthalmologist said would not go away on its own, I did not get the name of the condition but I wonder if this is what you are referring to. Ds was given eye drops and I was told to wash his eyes with baby shampoo when he takes a bath.

you can pm me for any more info.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 11:00 pm
I used to have such a dry scaly patch of skin in the corner of my eyelid. Sort of right on top of the tear duct. It was only a small area and people would hardly notice it, but it was pretty itchy. The dr. said it was some sort of eczema and gave me a cream. It helped right away, but I don't remember the name of the cream.

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 8:45 pm
thanks for the replies.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 8:25 pm
Has anyone heard of any holistic approaches to dealing with eczema?

I've read that a possible cause could be lack of EFA in the diet. It would make sense in my DD's case since she is a picky eater and not crazy about protein and EFA-rich foods.

Has anyone tried using supplements to deal with this problem, instead of the conventional approach (steroids)?

NaturalMom

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 9:36 am
Fish oil in her diet might help. For a more short term solution, try to rub some tea tree oil on it (mix it with another oil, like olive oil as it is very powerful stuff).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics