Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Re: ear piercing with AMLA?

marineparkimma

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 10:40 pm
Shalom aleichem ladies and how are you?

Does anyone know who in Boro Park/Flatbush is experienced with ear piercing with AMLA for my squirmish 7 year old?

Thanks!

manhattanmom

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 10:50 pm
pardon my ignorance here, what's AMLA?

And does your daughter really want earrings?

marineparkimma

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 11:00 pm
Shalom aleichem manhattanmom and thanks for your reply- my daughter very much wants earrings as her older sisters have them but she is EXTREMELY ticklish and can not sit still for the piercing! So a friend of mine told me about this cream called amla that numbs the area and knew someone out of town who would do earpiercing that way- so I am trying to find someone in Brooklyn who does this- any suggestions would be really helpful...

thanks!

Twizzlers

Post Wed, May 11 2011, 11:27 pm
fyi, that cream is called Emla and it is by prescription only.

Rodent

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 2:55 am
Yup, it's EMLA you're talking about, not AMLA. It's the numbing cream they use on kids for IVs etc. We also used it for the brit mila on all our sons. It's not perfect and may not be absorbed deep enough for a full ear lobe, it would help though.

No idea on location, you can normally put it on yourself. Here you can buy small tubes over the counter (as much as you'd need), bigger only with prescription. No idea about the US though.

yaakovsmom

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 10:43 am
You can ask your pediatrician to prescribe it to you, and then take your daughter to any piercing place. The procedure is not any different if you did or did not use the cream. You need to put it on about an hour before the piercing for it to fully numb the earlobe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics