Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
The teaching job is costing me

amother

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 4:10 pm
I finally going back to work. For many years I held only part-time and sporatic employment. The problem is as the year approaches, my anxiety is rising [b]considerably[/b]! I'm having a hard time juggling the various duties I have.

Money is VERY tight. My dd school's has tripled the tuition they want. So basically my income from teaching is going towards that. My dh had been learning full-time and we have been barley making ends meeting from rental income.

I've been hired to teach 3 classes in high school (2 academic subjects and pe) Its requiring a lot of prep. I had the fantasy that I would get a ton of lesson plans done... hah! I have been reading up on the subjects though and have done a lot of online research. I share the computer with my dh and

I never hired a housekeeper and I worried about getting someone trustworthy.

Next year my dd is havng her bat mitzvah next spring and I've started to gather things for this...

I need chizuk, I got to go my dh needs help now

realeez

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 6:28 pm
amother, I taught a few different HS subjects (with little ones at home too) and if I can help you with any lessons or any ideas, etc please let me know via PM. good luck!

Annie

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 9:55 pm
Just try and plan first few classes and then you'll get into a rhythm. I found that if I planned too many classes ahead I wouldn't end up following those plans anyway. Find something in the introductory material and come up with a discussion or writing topic on it. You can do it.

As far as the housecleaning, I don't know what to tell you. My house is always teetering on disaster when it comes to cleaning. I've found leaving bathroom wipes and a can of scrubby bubbles in each bathrooms helps me keep on top of the bathroom even if I only have 5 minutes at a time.

I'm also nervous about starting the school year with a new subject and still doing my p/t consulting in the AM . . .

One day at a time . . . (at least that's what I keep telling myself)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics