Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Woman photoshopped out and replaced for a dwarf on add

Chocoholic

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:29 am
http://failedmessiah.typepad.c......html

Happy 2B

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:31 am
how ironic that in a photo in which they removed the female actress it shows frum girls who are now posted all over the internet...

DrMom

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 11:39 am
Happy 2B: funny!

I am concerned that this billboard will provide an overwhelming temptation to those with a garden gnome fixation.

Barbara

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 12:33 pm
DrMom wrote:

I am concerned that this billboard will provide an overwhelming temptation to those with a garden gnome fixation.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

HindaRochel

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 12:49 pm
DrMom wrote:

LOL...but he is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

chocolate chips

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 12:52 pm
DrMom wrote:

LOL LOL

but nice of them to be considerate Smile

zaq

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 12:52 pm
The gnome is cute, but Failed Messiah is disgusting. Did any of you scroll down to the bottom of the article? FM will have to give his accounting to his Creator one of these days, and it won't be pretty.

Mommy F.

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 12:53 pm
I would understand doing that if the lady wasn't dressed tsniusly, but it seemed like she was pretty covered up to me.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 3:15 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
DrMom wrote:

Aha! See? One garden gnome fetishist has been tempted already. How many thousands of other innocent passersby must have their yetzer harah titillated by this alluring gnome?

And it's a non jewish gnome at that. It's like a mini Santa Claus. It's a plot by secular bankers and non jewish advertisers to pollute our frum community with avodah zarah. Burn the billboards! Use then for Lag B'Omer firewood!

HindaRochel

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:54 am
DrMom wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
DrMom wrote:

Aha! See? One garden gnome fetishist has been tempted already. How many thousands of other innocent passersby must have their yetzer harah titillated by this alluring gnome?

And it's a non jewish gnome at that. It's like a mini Santa Claus. It's a plot by secular bankers and non jewish advertisers to pollute our frum community with avodah zarah. Burn the billboards! Use then for Lag B'Omer firewood!

I think I need a support group to overcome my fixation....

hadasa

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:32 pm
Lots of companies have separate advertisements for Chareidi, Chiloni and Arab neighborhoods. Nothing new, and IMO nothing offensive about it.

penguin

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:54 pm
Quote:
The gnome is cute, but Failed Messiah is disgusting. Did any of you scroll down to the bottom of the article? FM will have to give his accounting to his Creator one of these days, and it won't be pretty

Yes, but at least there you can hear uncensored opinions (though they're not necessarily facts) without getting locked!

ora_43

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 1:04 pm
hadasa wrote:
Lots of companies have separate advertisements for Chareidi, Chiloni and Arab neighborhoods. Nothing new, and IMO nothing offensive about it.

Yes.

I think it's weird, but it's not like any hareidi people were involved in actually making this policy. It was the advertiser's decision based on what they assume hareidim will want/ what they think will be effective.

Like in the other thread on women's pictures, it comes down to this chumra - money - chumra cycle, where a few people want a chumra, so newpapers/ads/buses/what have you adopt the chumra to make sure to keep their business, so now everyone is keeping the chumra, so now all the businesses are doing it as well... etc.

mimivan

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 2:10 pm
aren't gnomes associated with paganism? Wink

DrMom

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 2:14 pm
Maybe they think they are mini-Rebbes?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics