Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Babysitter?

gold21

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 12:11 pm
I live in the kensington area in brooklyn, and have a babysitter for my 3 month old son that I just dont feel comfortable with. shes very disorganized and I feel that my baby isnt getting the proper attention and care. any ideas for a good loving babysitter who watches just a few children--I dont want him to be in a "baby factory" --in my relative neighborhood, where I could drop my baby off for a full time job?
I would also be interested in splitting a babysitter with another woman -- both of us paying half and hiring someone to babysit in one of our homes-- if anyone knows of anyone that would be interested, pls let me know
thank you!!!!!!

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 12:17 pm
Mrs. Hirsh on East 5th street, I never used her, but know her to be very organized.

How many hours would u need a babysitter for? I have an 8 month old and would be interested in splitting.

gold21

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 1:21 pm
I work from 8:30 to 4:30 monday thru thursday
and 8:30 to 1:00 on fri.
it takes me about fifteen minutes to get to work/from work, so im looking for a babysitter from 8:00 ish through 4:45-5:00 most of the week, and 8:00 ish to 1:15-1:30 friday.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 1:33 pm
I don't work so full time I'll prob. be coming home next year around a 3:45. So I don't think it will work. I also want to be home for my older kids when they come home from yeshiva - so I cant work later.

I know s/one who might be interested in splitting a babysitter, if u r intersted let me know.

I'll try to find out if I know anyone else in Kens. who babysits

amother

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 1:34 pm
sometimes groups that are like baby "factories" as bad as they are are better then someone at home because u never know what a woman at home can do. they can really just ignore your child Sad

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 1:44 pm
BTW I send my two youngest to a "baby factory" - she is very good, she is always on top of things, knows exactly when my kids ate, slept, knows if they had a dirty diaper. Her house is extremly safe and when she has time she plays/read with them. She cares for them very well. And as an added bonus my kids have children their age to play and interact with and develop socially which is a definite advantage as opposed to having a babysitter at home. It's also alot cheaper.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 1:54 pm
I wonder if u are talking about the one I am. its in ch and there is a very clean lady like u are decribing and she actually told someone "I dont see babies I see dollar digns" she also said that she loves the clean cute babies and not the other. but I dont know if u are talking about the same place.....

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 2:00 pm
Nope, my babysitter is in boro park. CH would an impossible shclep for me.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 2:06 pm
hoprefully tis safe. ive heard of place where there are 7 or 10 kids and only one person or 20 and two people shock that is seruosly dangerous!

cindy324

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 4:05 pm
Sonnibonni, up to what age does your babysitter takes? I',m looking for a playgroup for my 2 year old DD, for a few hours a day. What does she charge?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics