Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Did anyone go to the Touro School of Lifelong Education bP?

doubter

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 7:54 am
is the degree from there considered "something?"
how did you find the experience?

manhattanmom

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 7:15 pm
I would imagine that if you receive a bachelor's degree from a Touro School it would hold ranking of any Touro Degree which is totally legitimate.

sushilover

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 8:24 pm
My neighbor is there and she says that they are amazing with working with your schedule. So if you are a working mom with young children, like her, it's a great choice. She even brought her baby in to class every week for a class that was scheduled at a time when her dh was not home to babysit! they offer a lot of one on one classes where you do most of the work at home and just meet with the teacher occasionally to review. She also likes that the group is varied, not just post sem or newly married women. There are also more mature women, balabustas whose kids are grown, senior citizens, professionals looking for a career change..

OTOH, she said some one on one teachers are deceptively hard. She thought she was doing so well and then it came to the final and she felt the teacher had not taught or assigned much of the information. If it was a class, then they could have complained as a group, but since it was just her, she felt she had no proof.
You should really speak to someone who went there/is there to get a feel of which teachers are hard or unfair.

good luck!!!

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 8:44 pm
I know someone who went there. It's a bit similar to machon liparnassa,except that some of the classes can be done as modules. Like 5 papers plus a final and you just meet the professor for a few minutes for you to discuss your work as opposed to sitting in class. While this is great in terms of not sitting in a class, it often ends up being a lot more work than just sitting in a class with midterm, final, and a possible paper where you actually LEARN the material as opposed to researching all info yourself.

Also AFAIK, you have to finish the degree in Touro, just like with Machon Liparnasa. You can't get a full bachelor's there.

doubter

Post Fri, May 20 2011, 6:53 pm
what afaik mean? thanks for the info guys, I spoke to a couple more ppl who are there now, they seem to like it.. I'm a little nervous about the one on one according to what you're saying but its the only school that caters to my married life .. what does it mean that I finish at Touro? like for one semester or a few years?

mazeltov

Post Sat, May 21 2011, 10:30 pm
you can get a full bachelors at SLE. you don't need to go to another division.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 12:04 am
AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

Perhaps it's just my friend because she's getting a BS (bachelors in Science) and they do not offer enough science classes. But she did mention that she was getting pressured to go to Touro Flatbush. I can ask her why if you are interested.

doubter

Post Sun, May 22 2011, 5:42 am
good to know thanks no no need to ask
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries