Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What to serve at UPSHERIN??

Mishie

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 10:37 am
Hi All,

I need some ideas of what to serve at my son's Upsherin, which is coming up in the next couple of days....

For those of you who's sons had an upsherin, what did you serve?

Thanks!!!

8)

Last edited by Mishie on Sun, Jul 23 2006, 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total

queen

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 6:20 pm
speak with RG or check out her thread. She's been planning her son's upsherin too.....

shayna82

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:06 pm
I am also planning an upsherin. I am serving themed foods, like "soil" in a dump truck to go wtih a truck theme. along wtih some nicer big cakes and petit fours for the adults, and truck and sidur cakes for the kids. plus nosh, piniata and goodybags.

good luck, maybe we can give each other tips!

hindyandrafi

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:10 pm
I'm also making an upsherin in a couple of weeks,..Im serving all sorts of homemade cakes and cookies and I even made a yamulke birthday cake and homemade chocolates and lollpops, confectionary ect.. Ive been working on it for a few weeks now. We will also order some other stuff.. ie fruit platters ect.

BlumaG

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:13 pm
at a firends kids upshernish she bought disposable champagne cups, put sprinklesi n the stem and crumbled cake in the cup and filled hte top with whipped cream, if u can picture wat I am describing, was delicious and really cute, we actually forgot to serve them Sad

Mishie

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 7:53 am
Thank you to all the Moms who posted these great ideas!!!

We just got back from abroad and so I'm looking for something really easy (still getting over "jet-lag"...)

What do y'all think about my menu:

* Pizza (Pizza Shop will deliver)

* Huge Salad (Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Carrots, Sprouts & Purple Cabbage)

* Tri-Colored Pasta Salad

* Pop-Corn (with Brewar's Yeast sprinkled on top - Yummm!!!!)

* Drinks

* Cake (Round with Alef-Beis chocolates, and a #3 candle)

* Ice-Cream Cones

So, What do you think?

shayna82

Post Sat, Jul 22 2006, 11:33 pm
sounds really nice, did you have this yet?

shayna82

Post Sat, Jul 22 2006, 11:33 pm
BlumaG wrote:
at a firends kids upshernish she bought disposable champagne cups, put sprinklesi n the stem and crumbled cake in the cup and filled hte top with whipped cream, if u can picture wat I am describing, was delicious and really cute, we actually forgot to serve them Sad

that sounds nice, im actually looking for more ideas.

Mishie

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 3:15 am
Hi Shaina,
Yeah, We had it (on May 30th).
It was a lot of fun!
Everyone LOVED the food!
And, I made a cute center-peice, with a Teddy Bear wearing a Kippah and Tzitzis, holding Baloons.

8)

imashosh

Post Wed, Aug 23 2006, 12:56 pm
I had my sons upsherin in my house, I had prepared lots of finger type, kid and adult type foods such as meat balls in sauce, hot dogs in a blanket, chicken fingers, borekas and rice with fried onions and rasins . I set everything up buffet style. I also had a big Israeli salad as well as lots of cakes and cookies. Everything was home made and didnt cost alot to make. He is my bochor and I ahve no brothers so I had noone else to see from. But eveyrone enjoyed the food especially my son and since it is such a big day for him having everything prepared beforehand I was able to be with him the whole time (as he needed). I an not saying you have to make so much this was just what I wanted to to but the idea for the pizza and salads idea is also very good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen