Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Summer supper ideas
Previous  1  2  3

sunny90

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 8:29 am
Tuna patties--if you make them with tuna in oil, you can bake them just sprayed on both sides with cooking spray. Make the mix earlier in the day (or even the patties) and just stick them in 20 min before you want them. You can eat them with Israeli couscous, pasta with sauce, peas/corn...I make this on Thursdays a lot!
Also if you prepare a lasagna in advance at any point earlier in the day or even the night before (mine takes like 5-10 min max to put together because I don't do one with bechamel sauce) you can just stick that in too and have with bagged salad or just cut up veggies...
I also highly recommend a sandwich maker! It's completely worth it!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 8:53 am
thekosherchannel wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Any recipes for a turkey salad? I might be able to get away with it (have to ask) since it's mainly protein...I see it a lot at affairs, cubed turkey, celery, mayo, what else?

If you're thinking turkey, what about turkey wraps? Fill wraps with turkey salad or
smear wraps with honey mustard, a layer of lettuce leaves or shredded lettuce, then turkey and avocado, chopped tomato, green onions....whatever suits you.

Meatloaf goes together much faster than meatballs; a med-large one takes about 45 min to cook in the oven.

The big problem is my husband.
He won't eat wraps. He won't eat meatloaf.

We have limited options here.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 8:54 am
paprika wrote:
Hashem Yaazor, a sandwich maker is a very cheap item. It costs up to $20 and on sale about $12. It's a very worthwhile investment. You can make so many delicious crispy sandwiches.

I do know what a sandwich maker is and how much it costs. It's not the money. It's the space. If you saw what my kitchen looked like, you'd understand why I cannot bring in any more items, no matter the cost!

(Plus I'd STILL have the issue of washing out the milchigs.)

Grr. I can't wait till we move Very Happy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 8:55 am
anonymom wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Any recipes for a turkey salad? I might be able to get away with it (have to ask) since it's mainly protein...I see it a lot at affairs, cubed turkey, celery, mayo, what else?

garlic powder and that's it.

I always used to go to the take out place on Friday and buy it fresh for a first course Shabbos day. One day they were out of it and they said don't worry-Ill make you up some more. So I watched them make it and I said to myself, that's easy I can do that at home. The supermarket sells these vacum packed roasted or smoked cute little turkey breasts in different flavors. We like mexican. I can store them for a while and no more running out just for turkey salad. PS there was one more spice they put in besides garlic powder but I don't know what it is and my family loves how I make it. I just chop the celery before shabbos and whip it up fresh shabbos morning and serve on a bed of lettuce.

Thanks!
I think there is one more spice, but my sister in law couldn't remember what it was when I asked her several months ago...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 8:58 am
I see suggestions that will help lots of people. I'm glad this thread has taken off Smile

mummy85

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 9:09 am
Stir Fry?
Stuffed Peppers?
Meat/Chicken Sauce and Spaghetti?
Fish?
A Pasta Dish?

ricky ticky

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 12:21 pm
throw together reg euro salad (lettuce, tomato, purple onion and wtvr other veggies u like n mayo garlic dressing) with some angel hair n cold cuts

delish and oh so fast to prepare Very Happy

gold21

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:48 pm
ooh I just had another idea, not sure if its quick enough for you, but if not maybe someone else can benefit:

what about schwarma chicken? take cut up chicken cutlets, spice with tons of shwarma spice (from the spice section in a kosher grocery), place in a lightly oiled pan, and pan-fry/ bake them until theyre done. stuff into pitas.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 8:39 pm
I do that a lot on Sunday nights, including this coming one Wink
Thanks, though...but didn't you (or was it someone else?) already suggest it in this thread?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 8:41 pm
It wasn't you, no worries Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus