Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Online mikva calendar

abound

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 2:09 pm
I am looking for an online mikva calendar. The only one I found for free was Chabad. There is a disclaimer that it is according to the customs of chabad. What is the difference?
Is there a different mikva calendar that would be good for me?

mom2be1

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 2:14 pm
Are you talking about the calender from mikvah.org? I found that one to be o.k. of course it's always good to keep your own to be safe!

checkbefore

Post Sun, May 29 2011, 2:52 pm
I used that for a while and then realized that they were not giving me the ohr zaruah times (not sure about the hebrew words, but the extra half days that we keep.) I switched to mikvahcalendar.com and I was able to set it exactly how our minhag is. 18 bucks a year for reminders and everything all figured out is really cheap.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 1:04 pm
I use this http://www.vestosbasics.com/index.htm

its $20 lifetime and you get a 100 day free trial. They only ask for credit card after the 100 days are up

tdot2mtl

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 1:25 pm
I really like mikvahcalendar.com
they can email or sms you reminders. easy to use. and as the above poster mentioned, 18 bucks a year is not that much for such a good little helper.

moon__star

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 7:37 am
http://www.mymikvahcalendar.com - Amazing site. They send you reminders, emails, explain everything, there's a pop-up when you enter any info like HT on what to do, how to do it, when according to where in the world you happen to be at that instant... They also have ask a rav (although I haven't used it and probably wouldn't since I have my own on speed dial!), glossary, mikvah directory, etc.

Great site, in English and Hebrew. It's Chabad but you can always check it and see what you think. Or ask your Rav if he thinks it applies to you.

p.s. for those who have trouble with names, typing in mymikvah.com, mymikveh.com, or similar combinations all get you to the correct site.

chilled

Post Fri, Aug 05 2011, 7:57 am
Very Happy I am so grateful for Mikvahcalendar.com! It is, simply put, my sanity.... Very Happy

moon__star

Post Sat, Aug 06 2011, 11:52 pm
chilled wrote:
Very Happy I am so grateful for Mikvahcalendar.com! It is, simply put, my sanity.... Very Happy

here here! (or hear hear?) Yes! I can't begin to recall how many times I've been like "was it tuesday or wednesday? did I do that yesterday? what time again?" and then agonizing until I could check. absolute mind and lifesaver.

Mommy F.

Post Thu, Feb 23 2012, 5:43 pm
http://www.mymikvahcalendar.com/

that site says it's only for chabad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions