Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How long can raw chicken last in the fridge?

wwmom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 9:09 am
I bought chicken cutlets on sunday and breaded them on monday, and left them all prepared in the fridge waiting to be baked over yom tov. But I didn't end up using them. I assume that at this point (Friday) I have to throw them out. How long does chicken normally keep in the fridge?

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 9:10 am
Not very long, in my experience. I would not use them at this point.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 9:11 am
wwmom wrote:
I bought chicken cutlets on sunday and breaded them on monday, and left them all prepared in the fridge waiting to be baked over yom tov. But I didn't end up using them. I assume that at this point (Friday) I have to throw them out. How long does chicken normally keep in the fridge?
wow, totaly throw them away. Dont they already have a terrible (or not so great) smell? I saw after a day the chicken goes off.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 3:47 pm
Raw chicken normally keeps well for a day in the fridge. Still okay to use after sitting in the fridge for 2 days, but it's not fresh anymore at that point and needs to be used ASAP. And anything longer than that is usually not okay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen