Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Help me find this service (for Baltimore ppl)

ceo

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 2:00 pm
My husband will be flying to Baltimore for interviews in the next few months. He already got called in for one, and will probably have to do another 2 0r 3, at least. I once saw an ad on Luach.com- Baltimore for a woman who has a neat service: she finds you really cheap tix on Southwest. She has all sorts of avenues to try to do it, and gets ppl flights for crazy prices, like $25.

Anyway, I saw her ad on luach.com and now I can't find it. Does anyone know who I am talking about?

Also, please don't post telling me to try orbitz or travelocity, I am looking for a specific person.

also, if anyone wants to spam me about how great B'more is, please do, because it might be our next home......

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 2:11 pm
I've never heard of her. I just checked the Advertiser to see if she had an ad in there, and didn't see anything.

You should go to ctownbochur.com and contact the owner of the site (Dan) and see if he knows of anything. He always finds excellent deals.

ceo

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 2:25 pm
Hmmm, thanks for that lead, Defy. I appreciate you checking for me.

Also, another question- ATA is having a promo right now ,but go into DCA (I guess that's DC)- is that really far away from Baltimore- how much further is that airport than BWI?

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 2:33 pm
I'm not sure how much farther it is, all I know is that DH really hates going to the DC airport. I'm assuming that it's b/c it's farther away and he always gets lost when driving to DC. It might not be that bad, but I only have DH's opinion on this!

stem

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 3:05 pm
The dc airport is more than an hour away from baltimore, and that's on a good day without traffic.

ceo

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 3:59 pm
Okay, thanks. he will probably fly into bwi then.

How long would it take to get to downtown baltimore from BWI? I have no idea how much it would cost to rent a car for a few hours- he's either going rent a car, take public trans. or taxi/shuttle service.

He is flying back right after his interview. His interview is at 5 pm.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 4:05 pm
ceo, I'm sure you will love baltimore!

ceo

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 4:06 pm
Well, first off, he didn't even get a job, yet and second, I am nervous about moving to a place where I don't know anyone. I have some friends who's parents live in B'more, but no one my age.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 4:11 pm
Weren't you looking into Cinci too? If you end up w/ a choice between Cinci and Baltimore, I'd definitely go with Baltimore.

ceo

Post Fri, Aug 25 2006, 5:49 pm
Well, if we go to Cinci, it would only be because DH gets a really good job there, and anyway, it would only be temporary- just for two years. there is a specific company that has an opening that he;s really interested in their cinci office, but it's only a two year position,

But he hasn't been offered anything yet. So all of this is just talk.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 26 2006, 10:31 pm
DCA to downtown balto. is definitely over an hour.
From BWI to downtown is maybe 30 minutes- he maybe be able to take Light Rail, but I'm not sure.
(if you wanna pm me about anything else in baltimore, feel free- I pm-ed with you last week about sanhedria murchevet, just wanna post anonymously now to keep my location secret Wink )

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 11:08 am
Airtran also has good deals sometimes, if they fly from your city. Definitely go with BWI.

And if it's a decision between 2 years in Cincinnati vs. more permanent in Baltimore, definitely go with Baltimore, since you don't want to have to move yet again and it's hard to keep on making friends. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics