Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening
How to save water gardening

imab

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 4:36 pm
Hi,
We have a small vegetable garden with tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, herbs and sunflowers growing (we had hot peppers, didn't last). Since we're in Israel we try and conserve water so I've been saving the bathwater and watering, but its really time consuming to fill a watering can go out and water multiple times. Anyone have any clever tips?

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Jun 16 2011, 4:47 pm
No, sorry. I would love to hear tips too. Are you sure it's safe to water veggies with bath water? That's grey water and AFAIK it is NOT safe to water things you are going to eat with grey water. There is a debate raging as to how safe it is to water GRASS with grey water, so certainly veggies are a lot more problematic.

YoYo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2011, 9:45 am
We save water from the shower, but just the clean water as we wait for it to heat up. Gets used for netilas yadayim, floor washing, and flower watering. But our flowers are on our windowsills, so it's not much of a pain. No advice for an outdoor garden, sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening