Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Bread problem?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 11:18 am
There has only been sliced bread this week in the neighborhood, no rolls or wraps at all. DH buys his bread in Manhattan and was told that there is no bread this week either.

I was only told there is a bakery problem; would anyone know what a "bakery problem" mean?

JMto2

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 11:28 am
Korns Bakery is having a union problem I was told the IRS closed them down and they distribute to all the big places so yes there has been a shortage. For sliced bread a lot of companies are helping them out and making more.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 11:30 am
I heard they had a problem with the union, and the union is not allowing them to mass produce and distribute bread. If you go the korns bakery you can still by bread, just not in the stores. I heard Beigles now has permission from the union to make a lot of bread and distribute it in the stores.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 2:21 pm
Oh...............

Ok. thanks.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 10:16 am
Yeah, now that u mention it, I noticed too that the Shuk only had rye bread & the shleves were pretty empty.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Aug 14 2006, 12:40 pm
My husband just told me that Korns is for sale.

mushmom

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 9:02 pm
Sara G- if your husband works in Manhattan anywhere near East midtown, tell him to check out the Farmer's Market on Wednesdays on 47th Street b/w 1st and 2nd ave. There is a stand at the market called Tribeca Ovens and all thier breads have a chof-k, pas yisroel. I checked it out myself. the stuff is amazing! not your plain old loaf of rye at all- specialty breads and they are delicious. Make sure to get there by around 12-1 oclock because they leave around 1.
I dont think theyre having any sort of shortage problem- I hope not!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 10:43 pm
YUM! Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen