Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why don't you wear makeup?
Previous  1  2

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 10:53 am
Though I do wear it on occasion, often I don't because:

I couldn't be bothered
I'm too busy to play with my face
I'm not really good (skilled) at applying it
It doesn't feel comfortable. (I feel like my face is dirty.)

That being said, I do like how it looks when I do wear it.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 11:01 am
1Life2Live wrote:
I don't have time to put it on in the morning. Wish I did...

I put on concealer, eye liner, loose powder foundation, bronzer or blush, and mascara every morning. It literally does not take longer than 2 minutes, and the difference is huge. At first it may take longer, but you get into a quick routine and it can go on really fast.

imaima

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 11:26 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
1Life2Live wrote:
I don't have time to put it on in the morning. Wish I did...

I put on concealer, eye liner, loose powder foundation, bronzer or blush, and mascara every morning. It literally does not take longer than 2 minutes, and the difference is huge. At first it may take longer, but you get into a quick routine and it can go on really fast.

I agree, but I also like to have a break for a couple of days. But the things that you mentioned are basically my minimum for looking decent.

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:11 pm
Same reason I kept my hair in a ponytail and bangs (which were totally not fashionable at the time) throughout my teenage years, wear New Balance sneakers every single day, and used to love getting hand me downs from my sisters as a kid. I just couldn't care less. I want to look good, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not super "girly", I guess.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:30 pm
You reminded me of my other reason ccc - I'm also not the super girly type.

multitask

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 12:47 pm
but what about covering blemish and acne??
I would love to go without makeup sometimes but my acne is embarressing embarrassed

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:03 pm
I am just plain lazy. Also, I no longer work out of the home so I have even less incentive to put it on. I do make more effort for Shabbos, though.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:13 pm
I have blocked tear duct drains, and cannot keep makeup around my eyes for more than a couple of hours without discomfort, so I only do it for special occasions.

Anything like foundation can block pores, or tends to sweat off. Lipstick wears off quickly, too, and I don't think it looks so good without the whole face.

If you live in an area where you look strange without makeup, you're going to be more likely to wear it. If, like me, you live in a area where makeup is less common, you don't feel strange without it, and it doesn't seem like making any kind of statement.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:20 pm
It is pritzusdik to wear it when someone else than my DH can see it, according to r Falk

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:34 pm
I put on makeup when I go out with husband, simchas or for evenings. Day to day regular shopping just can't be bothered or in a rush.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:51 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Simple1 wrote:
I have no patience for it. I also don't like the feeling of having stuff on my face ( I see others here posted the same reason). And I don't know if it's true, but I like to believe that skin is healthier and nicer in the long run without the chemicals , and letting it breath. I do wear make up to special occasions, though usually nothing complicated unless it's for a very special occasion.

Lately though, I've been wanting to try some make up, but I don't even know where to get started.

Start a new thread, there are plenty of people here who would gladly help you out with some direction. Or pm me and I can try to help you.

Thanks for the offer! I do have a friend whom I can ask - it's easier to advise if she can see me in real life. but I don't know when I'll seriously get around to learning about make up any way.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:57 pm
Tamiri and Imasinger, long-wearing lipstick stays on for a number of hours, and you can wash your face with it on.

penguin

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 2:12 pm
Quote:
It is pritzusdik to wear it when someone else than my DH can see it, according to r Falk

I used to wonder why they actually have groups to learn this sefer, now I understand, because I read it at least once, maybe twice, & I for sure missed this...

I have heard you shouldn't davka 'faputz' to go out & not for DH, but not to have anyone else ever see you wearing subtle, natural looking makeup is a pretty extreme view IMHO. Then again, R Falk has said he wrote the book for a certain community. For instance, many Litvishe Rabbonim differ with him on thickness of stockings, etc.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 2:14 pm
I wear a drop of eyeliner & blush most days. For Shabbos (& special occ.) I'll put on mascara if I have time, mainly to keep myself from rubbing off the eyeliner.

Lipstick always cakes & gets yuchy on me, I wear it for chasunos etc.

I did have base etc put on for kids weddings but hate that cakey look. I do have circles under my eyes but overall I am happier looking myself than gucking up my face.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 2:14 pm
-I feel like my face is dirty
-gives me headaches
-now in the summer, with sweat? no thank you!

that said, I do wear eye liner to wake up my eyes and add some color to my pale face.

you have to do what works for you. I know ladies that put on full face just to take put their garbage. that is just not me.

I love applying make up.
I love the way I look in make up.
but I feel dirty in make up
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics