Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help me keep track of my appointments!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 11:09 am
I am not a very organized person. I tend to remember all my appointments, but when there are too many, I always forget. I have tried paper notebooks, but I forget to write everything in most of the time, forget them at home or other places, so they are not very practical. On my cell phone, I try using the kalender, but depending on the phone, it is not very useful either.

I am now looking for a new phone, so I wonder which phone has a thought through kalender/organizer, or what other things do you use to keep tracks of your appointments?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 12:37 pm
I use an old fashioned calendar. The pocket sized one that comes in the mail free around Rosh Hashana time. I keep it in my pocket book so I always have it with me.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 2:24 pm
My Blackberry keeps me organized.

bnm

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 3:51 pm
google calendar.. it emails reminders

bearyspecial

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 4:33 pm
Yes. The google calendar is great. I had it on my old phone. It let's u customize how u want to b reminded... Thru email or other ways..now I have a blackberry & use the calendar on that. Its also good & I have it on me all the time so I make sure to put in appt right away.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 5:21 pm
Whether you use a smartphone or a paper planner, you need to train yourself to write down appointments immediately. I use (and co-produce and am the graphic artist for) the Balabusta's Daily Organizer which is a terrific Jewish planner, and I have used a Palm in the past -- but no calendar, planner, or computer program works unless you enter or write down the information.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 5:40 pm
I use the old fashioned small calendars and always have it in my pocketbook. I never take appointment cards at doctor's offices and instead write the next appointment right there in the office. Over the phone appointments, ditto. I don't call, or accept an appointment time without my calendar in front of me.

anonymom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 5:52 pm
I usually write them down, but sometimes forget to look at my calendar.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 1:57 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Whether you use a smartphone or a paper planner, you need to train yourself to write down appointments immediately. I use (and co-produce and am the graphic artist for) the Balabusta's Daily Organizer which is a terrific Jewish planner, and I have used a Palm in the past -- but no calendar, planner, or computer program works unless you enter or write down the information.

I have seen it but am not able to get it where I live. I used to be soo organized before kids - I would write down a to do list for every day and cross off stuff, nothing ever went missed.

For those who used google calendar, can it be used on any smartphone, or only on certain brands?

OP

grin

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 3:55 am
I put all appt's and other sundries as reminders on my cell - it beeps countless times over the day but I don't care; it's the only way for me not lose my head!

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 4:05 am
Quote:
Quote:
Rubber Ducky wrote:

I have seen it but am not able to get it where I live. I used to be soo organized before kids - I would write down a to do list for every day and cross off stuff, nothing ever went missed.

For those who used google calendar, can it be used on any smartphone, or only on certain brands?

OP

If you PM me I will figure out a way to get a Balabusta's Daily Organizer to you. I'm working on next year's edition now. We hope to go to press in 2 weeks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics