Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Playgroup for 3.5 yo. How much do you pay?

How much per month do you pay for 3yo playgroup, 9-1?
$150 or less (please post how much)  
 8%  [ 4 ]
$200  
 20%  [ 9 ]
$250  
 15%  [ 7 ]
$300  
 22%  [ 10 ]
$350  
 33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:07 pm
My son might go to a playgroup (mother teaching her son and my son with her other 2 younger children at home also) and I have no idea what is a normal price to pay for this. Hours are 9-1.

What do you pay for anything similar (in home, similar hours, etc.)?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:08 pm
I'm the OP. I also had an option for $400 or more which didn't show up. Please vote or post amount. Thanks.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 4:34 pm
I'm in E"Y & pay about $120 a month (in shekel) in 12 checks, there are only 11 months of gan though & a bunch of weeks off around Pesach.

supermommy07

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 4:39 pm
I will be paying $365 a month for my 2 1/2 yr old this coming yr. 9-1 home day care, she has 3 yr olds as well.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 4:59 pm
I am in Israel and will be paying about $260 (but in shekels) but the hours are from 7:45 - 1:45.

obagys

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 10:46 pm
My SIL runs a playgroup for ages 2/3yrs. Hours are also 9-1 and includes a hot lunch - she charges $240/month.

supermommy07

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 10:52 pm
supermommy07 wrote:
I will be paying $365 a month for my 2 1/2 yr old this coming yr. 9-1 home day care, she has 3 yr olds as well.

Just want to add that in the city that I live the going rate is btw $350-400/month. However I know playgroups/daycare is generally cheaper in other cities. Unfortunatly everything is expensive where I live!!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 11:21 pm
I paid $450, including transportation, in Bklyn.

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
My son might go to a playgroup (mother teaching her son and my son with her other 2 younger children at home also) and I have no idea what is a normal price to pay for this. Hours are 9-1.

Does that constitute a playgroup? Your son with three of her kids at her house?

moses

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 11:43 pm
Hey, I am in CH here and making a playgroup for 3-4 yr olds, charging 400 per month, $4000 for the year. (Tuition style as opposed to playgroup style paying) however for this age, the curriculum has to be school style as well as opposed to playgroup. Hours:9am-2:30 pm (I also offer lunches for an additional charge)
You can PM me for more info if you are in ch too.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 6:58 am
gryp wrote:
amother wrote:

OP.
I don't know exactly what a playgroup means to different people. I have personally never had experience with "playgroups" so she can basically call it whatever she wants. What I'm more concerned with is what it entails which is why I explained it here.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
gryp wrote:
amother wrote:

OP.
I don't know exactly what a playgroup means to different people. I have personally never had experience with "playgroups" so she can basically call it whatever she wants. What I'm more concerned with is what it entails which is why I explained it here.
What would she be teaching?
It sounds like paying her for babysitting would be appropriate?

estibesty

Post Fri, Jun 24 2011, 8:41 am
lakewood its 200 930-2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers