Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Things to do in/near Monsey with small children

newlymarried

Post Mon, Jun 27 2011, 9:44 am
Hi
I have approximately an hour to spend in Monsey this afternoon, while waiting for someone, and I am looking for something to keep my children busy and entertained. They are 2 1/2 and one. I would prefer something outdoors, and also something that is free, even just a park that they have never been to before is exciting at that age.
I don't know Monsey at all, but I do have a GPS, so an exact name or address is helpful

Thank you!

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jun 27 2011, 9:59 am
newlymarried wrote:
Hi
I have approximately an hour to spend in Monsey this afternoon, while waiting for someone, and I am looking for something to keep my children busy and entertained. They are 2 1/2 and one. I would prefer something outdoors, and also something that is free, even just a park that they have never been to before is exciting at that age.
I don't know Monsey at all, but I do have a GPS, so an exact name or address is helpful

Thank you!

Outdoor parks - Eugene Levy Park, Manny Weldler Park (Viola), but I enjoy the park off Saddle River Road.

I'll try to find the addresses for each of these. Eugene Levy park has some some ducks in a big pond with a small fountain in the middle. Though you probably don't need addresses for parks. You simply choose recreation on your GPS and the local parks should pop up. These three are pretty good, and you can then choose any of them.

newlymarried

Post Mon, Jun 27 2011, 10:03 am
Thank you
I wanted to know if there is one that can keep us busy for around an hour, possibly more, because my husband will drop me off and take the car.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jun 27 2011, 10:07 am
Eugene Levy Memorial Park
920 Rte 45
Pomona, NY 10970

There's no address for Manny Weldler Park, but it's on (West) Maple Avenue.

I don't know the name of the third park, but I know there are some members on this site that have been there. I hope one of them will chime in.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jun 27 2011, 10:09 am
newlymarried wrote:
Thank you
I wanted to know if there is one that can keep us busy for around an hour, possibly more, because my husband will drop me off and take the car.

With little kids? I think so. Eugene Levy park has a little area with sand, so if you have sand toys, bring that along, as well as baby wipes (though there's a bathroom there, with a sink), as well as sandals, or whatever/however you want to clean them once they are done playing. You can have them play on the slides for a while, then there is the water, which you can walk around with them (I assume in a stroller).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics