Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can a long hot day cause a fever?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 6:52 pm
5 yo ds has a fever 102.6. He hasn't seemed sick at all, but when I kissed him goodnight on the forehead, he felt a little warm. I took his temp and found out what it was. I gave him ibuprofen and he's in bed (normal time) with the a/c on. It was his first day of camp and there was obviously a lot of excitement - A LOT of time on the bus and a lot of time outside - doing sports and sprinklers. Can that cause a fever?

I don't want him to miss his second day of camp.

Kayza

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 7:14 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
It was his first day of camp and there was obviously a lot of excitement - A LOT of time on the bus and a lot of time outside - doing sports and sprinklers. Can that cause a fever?

I don't want him to miss his second day of camp.
It's not common, but it does happen. On the other hand, if he still has fever when he wakes up, it is NOT just that.

bubby

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 7:30 pm
Make sure he drinks a lot. Freeze a water bottle so it can defrost during the day & give him a cold one to drink until the frozen one is defrosted. Yes, kids do get overheated: they run around, get on a stuffy bus, sit in sticky, sweaty clothes...gross.

See how he is tomorrow.

maofboys

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 9:06 pm
YES, my son is 5 also and last week we went away on a 2 day trip (car trip) he was so excited he couldn't sleep the night before, we spend the whole day out side (of course I gave him to drink but we were all off normal schedule) he ended up getting a low grade fever. he was better by the next morning. I think it was all too much for him.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 11:40 pm
Thanks all for your responses. I just took his temp and it's all the way down. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I hope you're all right.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics