Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers Points PLUS
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 6:12 pm
Honestly I'm upset about it. My husband and I lost tons of weight on the old program. Why change it? I think it's because so many people got the hang of it to the point that less ppl were buying memberships. Now they had to change around the whole thing. My whole E-Tools (the online way of tracking) is different. I had saved ALL my recipes and now when I look there I have to GASP-- some of my kugel recipes are now over 100 points a piece.. I repeat- A PIECE! What does that even mean? How could that be??

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 6:48 pm
marsjanco wrote:
I am truly LOVING the points plus system. Honestly, I try and eat really clean and it was harder to follow WW like that becuase I was so tempted to use all my points on junk instead of fruit. This seems to be the kick up the ... that I desperately needed and I B'H am trying and seemingly ok on it!

Wow! This sounds amazing! I lost 25 pounds on WW and then had to postpone my membership because I'm pregnant. But my goal is to rejoin when my baby is 2 weeks old. When I was on WW, I was also eating clean, and I loved it!! If the new program makes it easier to eat clean, then I know I'm going to love it.

Eating clean rules!!!

wispalover

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 7:29 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly I'm upset about it. My husband and I lost tons of weight on the old program. Why change it? I think it's because so many people got the hang of it to the point that less ppl were buying memberships. Now they had to change around the whole thing. My whole E-Tools (the online way of tracking) is different. I had saved ALL my recipes and now when I look there I have to GASP-- some of my kugel recipes are now over 100 points a piece.. I repeat- A PIECE! What does that even mean? How could that be??

I agree they probably wanted to do soemthing to gain more members, BUT I do think this new program rules. The people on the boards who seem to be complaining are those who used to eat a lot of the 100 cal pack items or convenience foods. Personally I try hard to stay away from that type of food so for me its a great step in the right direction!
Can you share a kugel recipe example with me thats worth over 100 points a PIECE? I'd like to help you if possible figure it out.

NewYorkgal31

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 9:09 pm
could u explain what eating clean means?

Amother: 100 points thats crazy!!!

wispalover

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 9:45 pm
Sure. For me, personally I try to reduce my intake of processed foods. I try and eat brown rice, brown pasta, antibitoic free eggs, organic milk. I try and use raw ingredients and make food myself instead of buying prepacked frozen stuff. For example, I would rather make schnitzel than buy it frozen. I will buy sliced mozrella cheese over American cheese. I try and stay away from almost any product involving corn syrup.
I also try to stay away from products with lots of artifical ingredients- for example Rcih's Whip/ non dairy cream. I replace these items with soy milk or mimicreme.

I am totally not perfect (I suspect if I was I would not be as overweight as I currently am, LOL) but I try.

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 10:05 pm
First off, I should note that the term "Clean Eating" was popularized by a woman named Tosca Reno. She has all sorts of books and cookbooks about clean eating. I find her to be annoying as heck, but her books and ideas are fabulous, in my opinion. And if you tailor her lifestyle for yourself (ie. I don't go and eat bee pollen or eliminiate ALL sugar from my diet, because I don't believe in those things!), then it's really not extreme, as it can sometimes seem in her book.

For me, clean eating means that, as much as possible, I avoid all processed foods.
My diet consists, as much as possible, of fresh (or frozen) fruits, vegetables, meat/fish/poultry, minimally processed dairy products, and whole grains.

A typical day might look like this:

Breakfast: An egg, some oatmeal, fruit, tea
Snack: Cheese, apple
Lunch: Salmon, salad, olive oil and lemon juice dressing, brown rice
Snack: Carrots and hummus
Dinner: Chicken, steamed veggies, fruit

I do have some processed foods, but even they are minimally processed and contain few ingredients. For instance, I buy things like melba toast, salsa, ezekiel bread, etc.

I know it might sound extreme...but honestly, I find it really normal now and pretty simple!! I'm lucky because I really truly love healthy, natural foods, so it's not a struggle for me to give up processed foods.
Plus, I tend to be lenient. If I'm invited out, I eat what I'm served! If I want ice cream and spray can pancakes...I eat them! LOL! It just happens pretty infrequently, so it's totally fine with me!

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 10:04 am
OFF TOPIC: what are spray can pancakes?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 10:47 am
It says my cranberry apple kugel is over 200 points. a piece!

Sad

Barbara

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
It says my cranberry apple kugel is over 200 points. a piece!

Sad

Are you using the recipe builder? I've heard its still glitchy. Someone I knew put in only ingredients that were free, plus 1 point of egg whites, and got 5 points. I suggest that you email customer service with questions.

I think that WW has done an admirable job so far with the website. Give it a couple of weeks.

wispalover

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 11:43 am
I put in my cranberry apple kugel recipe. It uses:
1 C oats
1 C flour
2/3 C brown sugar
1 stick marg
cinnamon
1 can cranberry sauce
1 chopped apple

I make it in a 9x9 pan, and get about servings. It told me 10points a piece.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 12:29 pm
It must be a glitch b/c everything else I put in was fine but as soon as I put in cranberry sauce it added 2000 points!! I tried doing it again over and over and it did this every time and made 1 piece be over 200 points.

Their site has alwaye been amazing with this E tools I have been able to track everything and now with the new program I am all confused about how things work . The old program really worked for us and I'm upset that now I have to change my outlook and how to track, and how many points my husband and I get.. I think that maybe they did it so that they could boost membvership sales and get people to start using the E tools to help them track, but I think that was a bad move.. B/c people like me will run in the other direction. If it's not broken why fix it??

Barbara

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 12:44 pm
marsjanco wrote:
I put in my cranberry apple kugel recipe. It uses:
1 C oats
1 C flour
2/3 C brown sugar
1 stick marg
cinnamon
1 can cranberry sauce
1 chopped apple

I make it in a 9x9 pan, and get about servings. It told me 10points a piece.

That sounds right. Cranberry sauce is about 25 points for 2 cups ... if you use Ocean Spray. Others are apparently more. Oats, flour, sugar and margarine are also pretty hefty in points.

My potato kugel is still only 3 points a serving, less if I use egg beaters instead of eggs.

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:44 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
OFF TOPIC: what are spray can pancakes?

It's pancake batter that comes in an aerosol can, like whipped cream. You just point the can into the pan, spray and cook!
So bad for you.

CatLady

Post Fri, Dec 17 2010, 6:19 am
I'm really enjoying PointsPlus so far! The tale of the scale is pretty good too - I'm losing steadily, despite the fact that I'm 54 and struggling with a plateau (but Imma gonna bust thru and the next plateau is goal, baby!) My fruit and veggie consumption has increased. I always ate a lot of veggies, but now I'm rediscovering butternut squash, and every fruit under the sun. Mmmmm, Honeycrisp apples [/Homer Simpson voice] I've also survived the dreaded series of office parties by stationing myself near the fruit platter. It helps when you're the potluck organizer/caterer-caller! LOL LOL

amother

Post Fri, Dec 17 2010, 6:43 am
How is fruits 0 points? Butter nut squash and fruit are very healthy and good for you but high in calories compared to say cucumbers
What veggies are 0 points?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 17 2010, 6:56 am
amother wrote:
How is fruits 0 points? Butter nut squash and fruit are very healthy and good for you but high in calories compared to say cucumbers
What veggies are 0 points?

The system is no longer based on calories, rather on carbs and protein and the way food is processed in your body so fruit and veggies are zero points despite their calories. Obviously you can't stuff yourself with fruit anymore than you should stuff yourself with anything-- if you eat significantly past what your body needs you won't lose weight.

I, for one, am having a hard time with the new system. I just can't get my act together and it's a shame because I was doing so well until they switched. I'm not great with change in general.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 11:06 pm
Just re-joined WW and lost 2.8 lbs first week on points plus. Loving it. Although I have always been very good about eating whole foods and very little processed junk, I always stayed away from fruit on the old plan in favor of extra starches or proteins. Now I'm eating bananas, berries, apples, pears, melon... and still losing. Amazing. Just what I needed to break through that long, miserable plateau I was stuck at.

Does anyone know if there a decent iphone ap that does the points plus calculator function and tracks daily points..... or better yet has a food journal built in as well? I know this can all be done through joining WW website but I already pay to go to meetings, I'd rather just get a simple app then have to pay more money to WW.... if I can.

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 11:11 pm
What about the things in my freezer that are already marked with the old points system Sad
it's asking me to reenter the nutritional information for recipes of items I long threw away the packages.. why?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 6:49 pm
I just started ww last week. How is everyone doing on the new system? I am really enjoying it, but I won't know how I am doing till wednesday, weigh in day.

Love eating lots of fruit, but I am scared I am eating too much.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise