Home

Potato knish recipe

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

sa613

Post Posted: Tue, Feb 01 2011, 4:49 am       Post subject: Potato knish recipe
I have a lot of mashed potatos left from shabbos and I want to try turning them into knishes. Anyone have a recipe for that? I'll use ready made puffpastry dough so I only need a recipe for the filling. Also, anyone know of they can then be frozen?

mom/2

Post Posted: Tue, Feb 01 2011, 5:38 am       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
Since you have the mashed potatoes already, you probably added salt and mayo/oil to it already. I would just add some saute'd onions to it, and fill the flaky dough, brush with eggs and sesame seeds and bake.

chaya35

Post Posted: Tue, Feb 01 2011, 8:47 am       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
They freeze very nicely. I freeze them raw but they can also be frozen after they are baked.

loveshoes

Post Posted: Tue, Feb 01 2011, 8:56 am       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
Look on this website for a recipe for Doughless Potato Knishes. Yummy!!

Fabulous

Post Posted: Mon, Jun 06 2011, 11:03 pm       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
I'm trying to find the doughless potato knish recipe and I can't. A hand anyone?

ra_mom

Post Posted: Tue, Jun 07 2011, 12:18 am       Post subject: Re: re: Potato knish recipe
Fabulous wrote:
I'm trying to find the doughless potato knish recipe and I can't. A hand anyone?

Here ya go.

In one pan- cut into portion sizes
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....p;start=40

As individual potato puff knishes
http://imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135412&highlight=potato+puffs

Fabulous

Post Posted: Tue, Jun 07 2011, 12:51 am       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
thanks so much! I think I'll do the individual puffs.

Fabulous

Post Posted: Tue, Jul 12 2011, 4:44 pm       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
They ended up being delicious so I'm gonna make it tonight for supper. Thanks again!

ra_mom

Post Posted: Tue, Jul 12 2011, 4:48 pm       Post subject: re: Potato knish recipe
I'm so glad they worked out!
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Page 1 of 1