Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
China, the dishwasher, and Yomtov

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 12:23 pm
This is my first yomtov with a dishwasher. I gave away all my disposable nice paper plates and matching cups (sent them all to shul when I had yortzeit – the tables looked gorgeous, btw).

I have BH enough Shabbos china for about 16. I mean, I don’t have dessert stuff, crystal glasses, and ton of serving stuff, but I didn’t plan on buying anything extra, actually; I mean I have just small and large plates.

And I hope to not have to wash during yomtov either, although I don’t know who is coming. I guess I can fill in with my plain glass everyday plates and glassses if I have to; at least they’re still new right now.........

So – the question is - should I plan on serving as long as I have china for, or should I get some pretty plastic stuff, too. Should I make each course gorgeous as long as it lasts, or just serve the fish course on china?

Thanks, everyone.

elkayed

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 1:14 pm
I dont know about you...but my dishwasher would never hold that much stuff..you will end up with piles of dishes all over your counter and in your sink for the rest of yom tov...I would try to get away with at least one of the four Rosh Hashanah meals with plastic if you dont want stuff everywhere...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 1:20 pm
I don't want a bunch of greasy dishes around and a huge mess after yomtov, that's for sure.......

I am cooking on Friday so I will have that stuff in the dishwasher too, unless I run it before that Shabbos or put it on a timer for later - which I know that not everyone does.....if I do that, it would clean up all the cooking stuff as well as whatever dishes and glasses we used the first night which is tempting!

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 2:24 pm
I always finish cooking at least an hour or so before Shabbos, and load the dishwasher through the day. There is usually time to run at least a quick wash before Shabbos comes in.

I would get some paper dishes just in case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen