Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Hamodia's new serial Changing Faces
1  2  Next

losingweight

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 12:26 am
I'm really enjoying this new serial. It seems to me that Alisa is a compulsive liar and there are still many interesting plots to come.

bubby

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 8:09 am
I always get the feeling they leave out some important things that link one episode to the next. All their serials are disjointed.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 12:16 am
I'm LOVING it!

I know what you mean about disjointed (and that's why I'm a firm believer that novels should be written as one long piece and then serialized cuz often characters and comments are forgotten about) but this one doesn't seem to be that way at all.

Bundy-- care to give us some sneak preview?

I'm trying to figure out Esther. Also, it's moving fast and I'm wondering with a pit in my stomach what will happen when Reuven finally opens his eyes.....

merelyme

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 5:13 am
BE AWARE that the author is on this site Wave - and be considerate!!

BTW, I also love it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 8:22 am
My family LOVES it. My teenage daughter loves it because it's one plot, and not jumping continents or centuries like some do. My husband likes the writing. I have a hard time reading train wrecks, even well written ones, so this is one of those that I'm reading peeking through shuttered fingers.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 8:32 am
I'm loving it as well! Not a dull moment! Can't wait to see what happens now that the neighbor said their wives had never met!

Bundy

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 7:22 pm
merelyme wrote:
BE AWARE that the author is on this site Wave - and be considerate!!

BTW, I also love it.

Don't worry, you can ALL feel free to say what you like. The more feedback, the better...even if it's negative. It's the critique that makes us writers grow (hopefully Smile
(AND, just because I'm on the site, you don't have to like what I write!! Smile
If it would make you all feel more comfortable, I can go into hiding for a while, if you like!! LOL
Seriously, critique away and also (I hope), enjoy!!!! LOL

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 7:35 pm
OK bundy u asked for it! I really want to know how dumb dumb dumb Reuven can get!!! Why doesn't he see Alissa's problem yet?

Bundy

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 2:32 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:
OK bundy u asked for it! I really want to know how dumb dumb dumb Reuven can get!!! Why doesn't he see Alissa's problem yet?

Problem? What problem? Are you SURE that Alisa has a problem? Smile I wonder if any readers are confused by Alisa's behavour at all? Confused

So the answer to your question is that one does not always SEE what's right before his eyes, especially when he's living in it and especially if he's a newly married, naive yeshiva bochur. Abusive/ dysfunctional situations are usually very confusing to the "healthy" partner, which in itself can lead to many other issues.

BH, you can SEE that the protaganist in the story does have a problem! Smile

lotsasimcha

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 3:24 am
I'm really enjoying the story also. I do not like being left on edge though Very Happy Obviously the wife is a liar, that much is clear...anxiously awaiting the next chapter Smile

fmt4

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:22 am
Really love the serial! Aliza is so scary, pathological liars totally freak me out. But I think that Reuven is totally realistic, young husband trying to think the best of his wife....

ttbtbm

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:36 am
I am also enjoying this serial. I am actually looking forward to getting to know Aliza's sister more. Now that her teacher approached her, I wonder if she'll open up and get help?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 9:46 am
I've been enjoying it as well.

I might prefer to wait until it comes out in book form to take a sneak peek at the ending so I can be more at peace Wink

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:16 am
I lik this new serial! It's different then all the others.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:25 am
I love it but since I dont get hamodia I have to wait till I can read it at my mother in laws!!
TG she keeps old hamodias so I can read a few episodes at a time Smile

Insomniac

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:26 am
I agree. It has joined the first thing I turn to when Hamodia comes to my door (recipes go first Smile ) I understand that Aliza is a liar but I think its the way she learned to defend herself and act 'normal' with the life she had growing up. Over-controlling and lying father, a mother who does not stand up for anything...her husband is so different from her life she doesn't know how to deal with it. I love the writing. Thanks so much!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 10:53 am
It's a defensive mechanism.

bashinda

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 11:37 am
Being from a family who had issues with lying and exaggeration, I think it depends on how big the lie is. I try to be very careful not to exaggerate though. What's the difference between exaggeration and lying? Is there really a difference al pi halacha.

Bundy, the way you're writing the serial it's hard to see where the truth really lies. If this is intentional, it's very thought provoking. Because at the beginning, I was Rolling Eyes at Reuven's mother because she's so melodramatic.

At any rate, it's a very interesting, if somewhat perplexing serial at this point. B'hatzlacha.

Bundy

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 1:09 pm
bashinda wrote:
Being from a family who had issues with lying and exaggeration, I think it depends on how big the lie is. I try to be very careful not to exaggerate though. What's the difference between exaggeration and lying? Is there really a difference al pi halacha.

Bundy, the way you're writing the serial it's hard to see where the truth really lies. If this is intentional, it's very thought provoking. Because at the beginning, I was Rolling Eyes at Reuven's mother because she's so melodramatic.

At any rate, it's a very interesting, if somewhat perplexing serial at this point. B'hatzlacha.

Hi Bashinda,
Actually, when I researched compulsive lying for this story, I discovered that there are many forms of lyining, exaggerating being one of them. There are downright lies and distorting facts or just happening to leave out pieces of information. Unfortunately the variations are many and we all do some form of it at some time or another, albeit unwittingly.

Yes, I made the story "confusing" intentionally because that's the nature of the subject. Confused

But, stay tuned, and all will become clear!! Smile

shnipsel

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 1:38 pm
im loving it too!!! I look foward to it weekly...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room