Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Naps

mom42

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 3:43 pm
Any tips on how do I get my 5 month old to sleep longer then half an hour at a time?
It takes about 20 min. to half an hour to get her to fall asleep, either by rocking or nursing her, and then she sleeps for 20 min. to 1/2 an hour.
and then she's miserable the rest of the time until the next nap, and wants to be held the whole time.
Sometimes I sleep w' her and then she'll sleep longer, and be happy after that, but I can't always sleep w' her.
Once she's asleep for the night, she will sleep till the next feed.
Any advice?

melalyse

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 10:31 pm
1- make sure that she is not overtired when it is time to take a nap. shorto naps like that are from being overtired.
2- Try to get her to fall asleep on her own in her crib. A before nap routine and then put her in her crib drousy. If you need to pat her and then after a few days (or weeks) wean of of it slowly. Because sometimes babies wake up for a minute and they go back to sleep but if she is used to falling asleep eating or rocking she won't know how to go back to sleep on her own.
I used to have similar problems. DS was much better at night than naps. Thank G-D now at 10.5 months we have one 1.5 hour nap and one 45 minute (sometimes 1.5 hour). Always at set times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics