Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Weight watchers

amother

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 9:16 pm
Does anyone know how points plus is different than the regular points plan? How many points plus would a 175 lb woman get?

groisamomma

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 9:39 pm
You'll likely get 29 points.

I lost a lot of weight on the old ww, but since points plus is out I'm having a harder time staying with it. if ur not planning on attending meetings anyway, go with the tried-and-true old plan. I have a feeling points plus won't stay too long.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:55 am
Thanks for your help. I'll stick with the regular plan.

Chaviva

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 12:32 pm
I'm actually having a much easier time on the new plan. All fruits are free, and I have a fruit salad with banana, mango, and pineapple most days, which would have been quite a few points in the past, and am still losing weight.

I like that the new plan gives you more leeway with protein, so overall I'm able to have a healthier diet. I have not been hungry at all on this plan, unlike the older one, and I often find I have a few extra points at the end of the day that I can treat myself with.

I think I am eating more food than before, but it's also a lot healthier. The new plan was introduced in Europe a lot earlier than in the States, too, so it's been around a lot longer than you'd think. I also did the same research before starting, trying to figure out which one to go on, and I found that most people like the new plan better. It probably has a lot to do with what types of foods you eat. If you have a diet low in fruits and vegetables and high in unrefined carbs, I would think that it would be harder than the old plan, but part of the idea is to encourage you to eat healthier.

Dini20

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 4:47 pm
How does it give you more leeway with protein? Also, do you put anything on that fruit salad? It sounds yummy

Chaviva

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 4:51 pm
Dini20 wrote:
How does it give you more leeway with protein? Also, do you put anything on that fruit salad? It sounds yummy

The points are calculated differently, and foods higher in protein have lower points than foods with the same calories that are higher in carbs.

I don't put anything on the fruit salad-- it's yummy just as is Smile

Dini20

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 8:45 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen