Home

ISO donated jewish childrens magazines

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

pobody's nerfect

Post Posted: Thu, Aug 04 2011, 9:20 pm       Post subject: ISO donated jewish childrens magazines
I would like to start a little 'Jewish' library in my 2nd grade classroom. The 1st grade English teacher is incredible, and instills a real love of reading in all the kids. Whenever they finish work early, the kids beg to read. But I feel like since they are given only 3.5 hours of Kodesh a day it really isn't right to be reading Arthur, y'know? I would like to put a large selection of old Olomeinu, Binah Bunch, Mishpacha Jr., and any other Jewish kids magazines in the classroom for the kids to read, but I don't have any of my own. (Yitzy may be a genius, but he isn't quite reading yet...).
So, does anyone have a nice stack of old magazines to donate? I would be willing to pay shipping costs, or arrange to have them brought here as many people do come visit from the tri-state area and toronto.
TIA!!

bnm

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 05 2011, 1:26 am       Post subject: re: ISO donated jewish childrens magazines
I have a stack of Binas and Ami kids sections... I don't think they are on first grade level. Mishpacha has 1 story every week on first/second grade level

pobody's nerfect

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 05 2011, 9:01 am       Post subject: re: ISO donated jewish childrens magazines
it's ok if they are above grade level (though last year I had at least 2 kids reading on a 4th grade level, and I expect to have some more advanced readers coming in.) I just want it to be available, even if they simply flip through them. about how many do you have?

bnm

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 05 2011, 9:08 am       Post subject: Re: re: ISO donated jewish childrens magazines
pobody's nerfect wrote:
it's ok if they are above grade level (though last year I had at least 2 kids reading on a 4th grade level, and I expect to have some more advanced readers coming in.) I just want it to be available, even if they simply flip through them. about how many do you have?

a few inch stack... I dont always throw out right away so it acumulates till the next big purge....

pobody's nerfect

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 05 2011, 9:16 am       Post subject:
can you hang on to 'em til we find a way for me to get them, please? I'll be coming in to NY in 3 weeks but we're not coming to BP, and may not even be coming to bklyn.
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1