Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Is Justin Beiber Jewish?

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 12:42 am
With his reciting shema backstage before performing and his recent Hebrew tattoos... I'm wondering what's happening! Anyone else interested?? Anyone knows the inside scoops?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 12:44 am
He has made antisemitic statements, and refused to meet Netanyahu. Does that answer your question?

ElTam

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 1:15 am
Not Jewish. Just a freak. He got a tattoo that is the Hebrew name of Yeshke.

Dev80

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 2:17 am
Not Jewish...his mother is more definitely some sort of christian or something. As for the shema before the concert--aish has an article about it on their website, his manager is Jewish so it's something the manager is into and Justin Beiber joins him.

bubby

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 3:11 pm
I sincerely hope he's not. His last name is the same as my maiden name (spelled differently) & my father A"H once told me that everyone with that name, no matter the spelling, is related to us. As if I don't have enough problems....mind you, I could use a hefty donation: you know, family taking care of family!!! Wink LOL LOL

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 3:18 pm
I had a uni friend, Catholic, who was taught shema at Sunday school.

mimivan

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 5:00 pm
I was under the impression JB is of German Xtian ancestry..funny that during an interview he didn't seem to know that there was a country called Germany... Rolling Eyes
Hebrew tattoo...hmm...not so kosher
He said the Shema backstage? he probably thought, "It works for Matisyahu, maybe it will work for me." After hearing some of his music, I have the impression that he should have just said Shema and gone straight to bed rather than going onstage.

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 5:06 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
He has made antisemitic statements, and refused to meet Netanyahu. Does that answer your question?

I dont know about the above
but I "love" when celebrities take a political stand lol
they have way too much power with absolutely no knowledge

I thought the tatoo was his name in hebrew

chippy

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 7:20 pm
Not Jewish, but has a Jewish agent.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 7:51 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

In the Israeli press, they said it was Bibi who called off his scheduled meeting with Beiber due to higher priority issues. The newspapers also mentioned that he was hounded aggressively by Israeli papparazzi. I don't think he said anything antisemitic... (they would have jumped all over that).

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines.....16332
http://www.jpost.com/ArtsAndCu.....16514

They also mentioned that he was Christian.

(I only know this because it was in the newspapers. I think Beiber is annoying and I cannot figure out the whole mania surrounding him.)

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 7:58 pm
DrMom wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

In the Israeli press, they said it was Bibi who called off his scheduled meeting with Beiber due to higher priority issues. The newspapers also mentioned that he was hounded aggressively by Israeli papparazzi. I don't think he said anything antisemitic... (they would have jumped all over that).

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines.....16332
http://www.jpost.com/ArtsAndCu.....16514

They also mentioned that he was Christian.

(I only know this because it was in the newspapers. I think Beiber is annoying and I cannot figure out the whole mania surrounding him.)

According to Haaretz (and what was reported in the US at the time), the meeting was called off by Bibi due to Bieber's refusal to meet children affected by Gaza rocket fire. A whole busload came in and he claimed he didn't want his visit to turn political, so he blew them off. Netanyahu canceled due to this response.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/na.....55598

imaamy

Post Sun, Jul 31 2011, 11:11 pm
The tat is "Yeshke". There were pics of it when he got it. Brightest bulb he is not. This thread reminded of something recent: I was behind a young woman at exercise class with Hebrew tat on her shoulder. Had never seen her before. It ran sideways up and down and was very small, but five lines of text. She left early and I was going to ask her about it but then thought what if she was Yids for Yeshke??? My DH said maybe she is one of these peeps who just thinks it looks cool, like those who have Japanese letters or symbols tattooed. But five lines? And there were arrows on each end of the lines. Strange. Maybe I'll see her again.

observer

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 12:06 am
mimivan wrote:
After hearing some of his music, I have the impression that he should have just said Shema and gone straight to bed rather than going onstage.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 5:03 am
he not jewish. there is an artical on aish about him saying shema but hes not jewish. I think he christan.

ally

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 6:22 am
718 wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

I dont know about the above
but I "love" when celebrities take a political stand lol
they have way too much power with absolutely no knowledge

I thought the tatoo was his name in hebrew

I don't think he took a political stand on anything. His managers did.

freidasima

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 6:36 am
agreed that he should have gone straight to bed after shma. Ugh.
That is music?
Mozart, baby mozart.
Avraham Fried.
Beethoven.
MBD
Even Shweki!

But this character? Oy. Put him and madonna in one room and tell me what you get?

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 9:45 am
freidasima wrote:
agreed that he should have gone straight to bed after shma. Ugh.
That is music?
Mozart, baby mozart.
Avraham Fried.
Beethoven.
MBD
Even Shweki!

But this character? Oy. Put him and madonna in one room and tell me what you get?

Ew.
(Although I actually do think Madona is talented, if not in singing than in dancing, image-management, etc. She's certainly intelligent.)

nylon

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 9:48 am
Very definitely Christian.

As for the Shema, etc... there is a trend with some Christians to appropriate Jewish traditions and symbols since they believe they're the basis of Christianity.

4thebooks

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 3:29 pm
He is a pure christian, so is his mom. his manager Scooter Braun is jewish and he taught the entire crew the shema. as for the tattoo its Yoshkas name in hebrew, he got it in israel. as for his music I am a big fan of him, he is 1 talanted kid! hes got the voice the look the dance move and all self taught!! hes a great kid he gives alot to charity and is ultimatly nice to his fans.... not making away the jewish pop stars. Just sayin tht hes got talent and hes amazing!!

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 1:19 am
Yeah. Figured it all out. Jewish director...

I personally love his music. Good voice. Nice performances.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics