Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hiking and a broken leg

malky800

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 11:08 am
Just a few days before we were going to leave for our Bein Hazmanin trip, my 6 yr old broke her leg.
What are we supposed to do now? We can't cancel all our hotels. Everyone else will be so dissapointed?
Most of our trip was outdoors and hiking. We do have little ones, so we anyways have a carriage, aren't doing anything too heavy.
Am I better off trying to rent a wheelchair for her, or should I just take a double stroller, with the baby on one side and her on the other?
Has anyone done this and have good suggestions?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 11:36 am
If you are doing a lot of hiking/ exercise type things, I would try to find an alternative plan for your son. Either if you can make your trip less outdoorsy, or find a friend or some where he can stay for the week.

Coming from experience, he is not going to have fun and will probably make the trip much harder if he can't do any of your activities and is pushed along.
Also, just as a side point, make sure all the places you go are stroller/wheel chair accesible as many hiking places are not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics