Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken lo mein?

momaleh

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 10:57 am
Can I have a fabulously delicious recipe for kid-friendly chicken lo mein, please?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 11:12 am
This is my girls' all time favorite supper.

Cut 1 lb. chicken breast into strips. Marinade for 8 hours or overnight, or do a bunch at a time in the freezer (and don't sweat if it's less than 8 hours) in the following:

2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
large clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp wine (whatever you have in fridge, and I've done grape juice too)
2 tsp cornstarch
6 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce

When ready to cook dinner - use a large wok or fry pan.

Stir fry chicken (with all the marinade). When chicken is nearly done, add a package of your favorite thawed frozen vegetables (eg string beans, sugar snap peas, brocolli, asparagus, whatever). Or use fresh. Stir fry a little longer till all is cooked.

For the noodles - cook a package of lo-mein noodles, or ramen noodles, or spaghetti, according to package directions. (If using ramen noodles - I do about 5 of the packets - I boil water, add the seasoning, and add the noodles. Shut heat and soak for 6 minutes, then drain).

Toss chicken, veggies, and pasta.

Yum!

questioner

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 11:19 am
Here's a really easy lo mein recipe - the chicken / veg don't have to be sauteed individually (besides the onion), it just all gets dumped together and baked

box spaghetti cooked
1 onion sliced into rings & sauteed
1lb chicken breasts cut into nuggets
1 red pepper diced
1 lb brocolli
1/2 lb snap peas (I use green beans)
(you can mix and match w/ whatever veg. you have in the house.)

sauce
1/3 c oil
1/4 c soy sauce
1T garlic powder
1T salt

put (raw!) chicken & veg & spaghetti in pan. pour sauce on top and mix, bake for an hr, stir every 20 min

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 11:24 am
"Kid friendly" is relative... the 4 year old will eat the pasta. The 2 1/2 year old will eat the baby corn, the pasta and sometimes the zucchini and carrots...

momaleh

Post Fri, Aug 12 2011, 12:07 pm
THanks, I am going to try both of those!

I agree about the kid friendly, I just don't want anything with weird ingredients. I think most kids will eat the noodles, I'll use the veggies that I think they'll like, and the chicken is with the hopes of them getting some protein.

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 4:22 pm
questioner wrote:
Here's a really easy lo mein recipe - the chicken / veg don't have to be sauteed individually (besides the onion), it just all gets dumped together and baked

box spaghetti cooked
1 onion sliced into rings & sauteed
1lb chicken breasts cut into nuggets
1 red pepper diced
1 lb brocolli
1/2 lb snap peas (I use green beans)
(you can mix and match w/ whatever veg. you have in the house.)

sauce
1/3 c oil
1/4 c soy sauce
1T garlic powder
1T salt

put (raw!) chicken & veg & spaghetti in pan. pour sauce on top and mix, bake for an hr, stir every 20 min

I'm trying this tonight with that new chicken that comes in a can - hopefully, everyone will eat it.

sped

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:40 pm
I made it tonight with leftover chicken from Shabbos. I sauteed the onions and added vegetables - red pepper and thin, small pieces pf carrot and squash. It was really good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey