Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My toddler needs to gain weight
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Aug 18 2011, 9:41 pm
OP here
Well my son got weighed yesterday and dropped 2 oz.
They are doing blood work. I am so nervous. He looks so small.
He is still very picky. He will eat but not big amounts and when he is done, he is done.
He eats pancakes and drinks milk in the morning.
He usually has a snack mid morning. Then lunch will be spinach patties or mac n cheese, the afternoon will be ice cream and dinner is usually pizza or baked ziti. But today he wouldn't have the ice cream. And he didn't eat much of the ziti. The other day he threw up after lunch because he fell and was crying so hard then coughed then threw up. So all the calories he ate came back up.
I dont know.
He is a very active kid with a small attention span. He runs from one activity to the next. It seems like he has little patience for food. He only gets excited for pizza.
Today I made him an egg for lunch and he threw it on the floor after just like 5 bites. So then I gave him a yogurt. He had about half. He was cranky and wanted to nap.
I am very nervous and upset at how small he is. At least for height he was not off the chart.
My husband is stick thin so he keeps telling me my son may just take after him but I dont know.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics