Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vaccinations!

Vaccinating:For or Against??
Yes, I vaccinate fully  
 82%  [ 14 ]
I partially vaccinate  
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

amother

Post Sat, Aug 20 2011, 2:27 pm
I am posting this anonymously because I will probably get bashed big time. I have a 1.5 year old who I vaxed only twice since she was born and both times she had horrible reactions.
The first time she had a really really high fever for over a week, and the second time she had a really high fever and had to be hospitalized for observation. I am totally traumatized and also very fond of natural health. I only nursed for 2 months because I didnt have enough milk, and am worried if I am making the right desicion by not continuing to vaccinate.
I do want to mention that ,BH these are the only times my baby was every really sick aside from a mild fever she had when she had 3 teeth coming in simultaneously *it went away after a day

My mother and anyone that is brainwashed by conventional medicine without doing any research are giving me a hard time. I am not a follower of the masses because I have my own braain, opinions, and motherly intuition. I do however want contribute to this post a letter my good friend who is a Naturopathic Doctor, and a mother who gave birth a bit before me, wrote to her Pediatrician. The Doctor had nothing to reply to her in response as far as I recall.
I would love to hear all your opinions after you read this letter , please only something educated you have to contribute based on SCIENTIFIC FACTS, or personal experience and not conformist speculation.

Thanks Smile Shavua Tov

P.S. Its a bit long but worth the read!

Dear Dr. ******,

Thank you very much for the brochure on vaccinations. After reading the information presented in the brochure, I turned to the Merck Manual to research the incidence, risks, side effects, and treatments for the preventable diseases that children are routinely immunized for.

I want you to know that I am open minded and I will change my mind on any of these vaccines if you can rationally justify their use and convince me of their necessity.

Here is what I found in the Merck Manual (MM) which both allopathic and naturopathic doctors consider the “bible” of medicine:

HEPATITIS B

This condition is transmitted through body fluids. If the mother is tested during pregnancy and does not have it, the child is not at risk of transmission. This is assuming that the mother is not a harlot or IV drug user so she would not acquire the disease in the future and transfer it to her child in her breast milk.

According to my research, this vaccine was made mandatory in order to protect the sub-population of children of harlots and IV drug users (or recipients of tainted blood transfusion). Because this group could not be identified, in the interest of herd immunity, it was instituted for all children.

As a phlebotomist and lab tech in college, it was mandatory for me to receive 3 doses of the Hep B vaccine. In medical school instead of getting the vaccine again, I did a blood test, which showed that I still had Hep B antibodies in my blood. Therefore, my child should have the antibodies too.

Moreover, she is not receiving blood transfusions and will not be s-xually active for many years. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

CONCLUSION: HEP B Vaccine is NOT indicated at this time because my child has no risk for acquiring the disease as of now.

DIPTHERIA (part of DtaP)

This was fascinating! Right out of the Merck Manual, “Infections CAN occur in immunized persons and is most common and severe in those partially immunized. Communicability in treated persons usually lasts for less than 2 weeks. In patients treated with appropriate antimicrobials, communicability lasts 4 days (page 2303).” According to the MM, this disease is treated with procaine penicillin.

Considering those facts, which were left out of the brochure for vaccinating (go figure!), it seems that the horse- derived antitoxin may not necessarily even be of benefit since immunized people can still acquire the disease!

The CDC brochure does state that, “Before the vaccine, diphtheria caused as many as 15,520 deaths in children during one year.” They do not state if that is a worldwide statistic or in the USA. I suspect it is worldwide and primarily in third-world countries where antibiotics were not readily available. Furthermore, the children who died of this or other bacterial/viral infections, most likely had weakened immune systems due to malnutrition and poverty conditions such as poor sanitation and hygiene.

CONCLUSION: Diphtheria is an uncommon condition (especially now that everyone else is vaccinated) and the vaccine may not even be protective against the condition. The disease is treatable with antibiotics therefore it does not pose a threat to my child’s life and there is no data to support injecting my child with this horse-derived vaccine that contains the following toxic substances and heavy metals: formaldehyde, aluminum, ammonium, and thimerosal (mercury). Note that heavy metals stay in the body forever and cause numerous health conditions unless eliminated via chelation therapy. Thanks, but no thanks!

TETANUS (part of DtaP)

This disease is not communicable from person to person. It lives in the soil and enters the body through cuts and puncture wounds (such as rusty nails).

Treatment: wound debridement (cleaning), general support, and antibiotics based on culture results.

CONCLUSION: If my child steps on a rusty nail, or gets a puncture wound and exposes it to soil we will immediately go to the doctor to receive appropriate care to prevent infection and complications such as sepsis. Therefore, I conclude that this toxic vaccine is not warranted. It is generally given along with diphtheria and pertussis and the combination vaccine contains: formaldehyde, aluminum, ammonium, and thimerosal (mercury). No thank you!

PERTUSSIS (Part of Dtap)

According to Merck, “Antibiotics given in the catarrhal stage may ameliorate the disease. The drug of choice is erythromycin (page 2308).”

Again, frightening and misleading statistics were purposely given by the CDC in order to make the vaccine seem lifesaving and necessary, when in fact, modern medicine can treat the condition in 14 days on antibiotics!

CONCLUSION: If my child gets whooping cough, we will immediately go to the doctor to receive appropriate care to prevent progression of the illness. Because it is a condition treatable in 2 weeks, I conclude that this toxic vaccine is not warranted. It is generally given along with diphtheria and tetanus and the combination vaccine contains: formaldehyde, aluminum, ammonium, and thimerosal (mercury). Yuck, Yuck, and YUCK!

The CDC website lists the following possible side effects to the DtaP Vaccine:
From http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/va.....#hepa

Moderate Problems (Uncommon)

Seizure (jerking or staring) (about 1 child out of 14,000)
Non-stop crying, for 3 hours or more (up to about 1 child out of 1,000)
High fever, 105 degrees Fahrenheit or higher (about 1 child out of 16,000)

Severe Problems (Very Rare)
Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses) Several other severe problems have been reported after DTaP vaccine. These include:

Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
Permanent brain damage.

HAEMOPHILUS INFLUENZAE TYPE B (Hib)

According to the Merck Manual, “Haemophilus species are normally found in the upper respiratory tract and RARELY cause disease! (page 1166).

Antibiotic treatment varies depending on the site of infection.

According to the brochure, this condition was responsible for the death of 600 children a year (before the vaccine). I suspect that those 600 children were immune compromised, malnourished, probably not breastfed, without medical access and/or lived in poverty conditions with poor sanitation and hygiene. I doubt if any of them were the children of naturopathic doctors!

The vaccine contains ammonium-sulfite, and thimerosal.

CONCLUSION: This is a RARE condition, which can be successfully treated with antibiotics.

PNEUMOCOCCUS

“Pneumococci commonly inhabit the human respiratory tract, particularly in winter and spring, when they may be cultured from up to half of the population!” Merck Manual page 1154.

The patients most susceptible to serious and invasive infections are those with serious debilitating diseases or
immunologic deficiencies. Pneumococcal pneumonia is highly prevalent among gold and diamond miners in South Africa and New Guinea (page 1154). Another reason not to marry a gold-digger…LOL!

This vaccine is recommended at 2,4,6, and 12 months of age despite the fact that Merck says that, “Immunogenicity and protective effects in children less than 2 years old have NOT been clearly shown” (page 1155). Merck says, “This vaccine is NOT recommended for children under 2 years old!” And that “The vaccine may not be effective in preventing pneumococcal meningitis…”

Treatment: antibiotics.

CONCLUSION: Based on the above information and low risk factors, we’ll take the treatment over the prophylaxis.

POLIO VIRUS

There hasn’t been a single case of polio in the USA in over 20 years due to sanitation and clean water supply.

Merck says, “Overt disease is rare. Even in epidemics, the ratio of inapparent infections to clinical cases is > 100:1… Poliomyelitis may soon be eradicated worldwide! (page 2341).

Between 1980-1994 there were 124 cases of vaccine-induced paralytic poliomyelitis! (Merck 2342).

BTW The vaccine is made with monkey kidney cells!

CONCLUSION: If the condition is almost non-existent, why bother!?!

INFLUENZA

The scare-tactic data of soaring high death rates provided by the CDC in their brochure was from between the years 1918 and 1919. Hello? We have antibiotics since the 1940’s!!! That data is totally and completely IRRELEVANT! Are you kidding me? Using pre-antibiotic information to scare stupid people into taking the vaccine so big pharma and the gov can make more money off of us! Good grief!!!

The CDC has the audacity to state, “Before the vaccine” prior to their ridiculous statistics in order to make it look like the vaccine is what saved the day. NO, it should say before antibiotics, sanitary water, and hygienic living conditions!!!

Granted the flu is a virus, if it is left untreated the weakened immune system is susceptible to a super-imposed bacterial infection, which is what all those millions of people died from! No one EVER died from the FLU!!! See Merck page 1288, “ Although even healthy people demonstrate defects in lung clearance and ventilation for several weeks after acute illness, RECOVERY IS THE RULE in uncomplicated influenza.”

The CDC website says the following about potential adverse effects:

Severe problems:

Life-threatening allergic reactions from vaccines are very rare. If they do occur, it is within a few minutes to a few hours after the shot.
In 1976, a certain type of influenza (swine flu) vaccine was associated with Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS). Since then, flu vaccines have not been clearly linked to G.B.S. However, if there is a risk of G.B.S. from current flu vaccines, it would be no more than 1 or 2 cases per million people vaccinated. This is much lower than the risk of severe influenza, which can be prevented by vaccination.

From http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/va.....#hepa

Treatment: rest, naturopathic or homeopathic remedies, hydration, symptomatic relief to prevent bacterial super-imposition and appropriate antibiotics if super-infection occurs.

CONCLUSION: The CDC brochure is purposely misleading people into erroneous thinking by deliberately presenting skewed data! This is totally unethical and nothing less than outrageous! No one ever died from the flu. We can successfully treat it with modern medicine!
MEASLES (part of MMR)

Merck says, “In healthy, well-nourished children, measles has a low mortality rate unless complications ensue (page 2324).” The vaccine is not 100% effective. 5% of immunized children do not develop the antibodies (which is the protection against the disease) after vaccination (Merck 2099)! 15% of vaccine recipients develop flu-like symptoms, which last 7-11 days after the shot. Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) is a slow virus infection of the CNS (central nervous system) associated with wild variants of measles virus. Whether measles vaccination “is associated with” (that’s candy-coating for “causes”) SSPE is UNKNOWN! (Merck 2099). OMG!

The MMR vaccine contains aborted fetal tissue and gelatin.

CONCLUSION: Keeping the child healthy and strong means we don’t have to worry about this one.

MUMPS (part of MMR)

This condition occurs in crowded places… and infants up to 1 year ordinarily are immune (Merck 2325)
It is less contagious than chickenpox or measles. The vaccine is not 100% effective. 5% of immunized children do not develop the antibodies after vaccination (Merck 2099)!

Prognosis is excellent in uncomplicated mumps (Merck 2327).

Note: The MMR vaccine contains aborted fetal tissue and gelatin. Rare reactions to vaccine include: encephalitis, seizures, nerve deafness, parotitis, purpura, rash, and pruritis (Merck 2099).

CONCLUSION: Risk factors are low since others are immunized and we don’t live in a crowded place. If she did get it, the prognosis is excellent so we won’t sweat it!

RUBELLA (part of MMR)

The disorders caused by rubella are transmitted from the pregnant mother to the baby! When I was pregnant, I was tested for rubella and did not have it. Therefore, my child does not have it!

Merck says, “In the USA, incidence is now at its lowest point in history!” (page 2327). And that, “Rubella requires little or no treatment.”

Note: The MMR vaccine contains aborted fetal tissue and gelatin.

The CDC lists the following possible reactions to the MMR vaccine:

Moderate Problems

Seizure (jerking or staring) caused by fever (about 1 out of 3,000 doses)
Temporary pain and stiffness in the joints, mostly in teenage or adult women (up to 1 out of 4)
Temporary low platelet count, which can cause a bleeding disorder (about 1 out of 30,000 doses)

Severe Problems (Very Rare)

Serious allergic reaction (less than 1 out of a million doses)
Several other severe problems have been known to occur after a child gets MMR vaccine. But this happens so rarely, experts cannot be sure whether they are caused by the vaccine or not. These include:

Deafness
Long-term seizures, coma, or lowered consciousness
Permanent brain damage

CONCLUSION: You heard Merck! Incidence is LOW and it does NOT require treatment!

VARICELLA (chickenpox)

Vaccine contains: MSG (a neurotoxin), guinea pig embryo, and aborted fetal tissue! Ewww!

Merck says, “Some infants have partial immunity, probably acquired transplacentally, until age 6 months (page 2330). And that the “nature of this disease” is “commonly benign.” Merck also states that, “Waning immunity in vaccine recipients…remains a concern undergoing prospective evaluation (page 2100).”

CDC Website lists the following possible outcomes from the vaccine:

Moderate to Severe Problems

Seizure (jerking or staring) caused by fever (less than 1 person out of 1,000).

Note: MMRV vaccine has been associated with higher rates of fever (up to about 1 person in 5) and measles-like rash (about 1 person in 20) compared with MMR and varicella vaccines given separately.

CONCLUSION: This is not a life-threatening illness. We can deal with this virus if it happens by boosting the immune system with natural remedies!

HEPATITUS A

This condition is contracted via contaminated food/drink. It usually occurs in developing countries.

The CDC website says:
A vaccine, like any medicine, could possibly cause serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions. The risk of hepatitis A vaccine causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small. (ref: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/va.....#hepa

So they admit that the vaccine CAN cause harm or death. YIKES!!!

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_A

Hepatitis A does not have a chronic stage and does not cause permanent liver damage. Following infection, the immune system makes antibodies against the hepatitis A virus that confer immunity against future infection.
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 1991 reported a low mortality rate for hepatitis A of 4 deaths per 1000 cases for the general population but a higher rate of 17.5 per 1000, in those aged 50 and over. Death usually occurs when the patient contracts Hepatitis A while already suffering from another form of Hepatitis, such as Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C or AIDS.

Young children who are infected with hepatitis A typically have a milder form of the disease, usually lasting from 1-3 weeks, whereas adults tend to experience a much more severe form of the disease.

CONCLUSION: Based on the statistics sited above, my child is not as great risk for this treatable condition. Since Hep A is not a life-threatening illness, it is therefore not a necessary vaccination, in my humble opinion. I do not feel the risks (death etc) outweigh the benefits.

MENINGOCOCCUS

Meningococcal disease is not as contagious as the common cold (which is spread through casual contact), it can be transmitted through saliva and occasionally close, prolonged contact with an infected person. Further complicating efforts to halt the spread of meningitis in Africa is the fact that extremely dry, dusty weather conditions which characterize Niger and Burkina Faso from December to June favor the development of epidemics. Overcrowded villages breeding grounds for bacterial transmission and high prevalence of respiratory tract infections, which leave the body more susceptible to infection, also encourage the spread of meningitis. Most frequently hit are 18 countries in sub-Saharan Africa's so-called "meningitis belt." This is an area where the disease is endemic: meningitis is "silently" present, and there are always a few cases.

According to the CDC brochure, there were (only) an estimated 125 deaths due to meningococcal disease in the US in 2004 (presumably children with sub-optimal immune status). Infants younger than 12 months of age have the highest rates of the disease, yet the vaccination is typically given at 11-12 years of age.

Merck says, “Certain other chemoprophylaxsis are recommeded, even though evidence from clinical trials is lacking!” (Page 1123)

CDC website says these are possible side-effects of the vaccine: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/va.....#hepa

Mild problems

Up to about half of people who get meningococcal vaccines have mild side effects, such as redness or pain where the shot was given.
If these problems occur, they usually last for 1 or 2 days. They are more common after MCV4 than after MPSV4.
A small percentage of people who receive the vaccine develop a fever.
Severe problems
Serious allergic reactions, within a few minutes to a few hours of the shot, are very rare.
A serious nervous system disorder called Guillain-Barré Syndrome (or GBS) has been reported among some people who received MCV4. This happens so rarely that it is currently not possible to tell if the vaccine might be a factor. Even if it is, the risk is very small.

CONCLUSION: The incidence is so small that the chances of having a complication due to this bacterium are negligible. If the bacteria is contracted and promptly treated, complications can be avoided.

ROTAVIRUS

Rotavirus spreads via direct contact with infected people or contaminated objects. It causes diarrhea. If left untreated it may result in dehydration and eventually death.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotavirus

By the age of five, nearly every child in the world has been infected with rotavirus at least once.[2] However, with each infection, immunity develops, subsequent infections are less severe,[3] and adults are rarely affected.[4] There are seven species of this virus, referred to as A, B, C, D, E, F and G. Rotavirus A, the most common, causes more than 90% of infections in humans. There are (only) 20-60 deaths per year in the USA due to severe dehydration.

Rotavirus infections rarely cause other complications and for a well managed child the prognosis is excellent.

CONCLUSION: Considering the low mortality of this condition and the fact that an infection promptly treated has excellent prognosis, I would therefore be inclined to think that this too is an unnecessary vaccination.

MY HUMBLE FINAL ANALYSIS

I found the brochure of the CDC to be extremely biased and fear-based. It is clear that the layperson reading it would be convinced to do all the vaccines based on the one-sided information provided. Any uneducated adult reading that brochure would come away thinking that it would be neglectful and unthinkable NOT to vaccinate based on the horrendous pictures of the disease infected individuals, several of which were CLEARLY from third-world countries (see tetanus, pertussis, polio, and measles).

Even the Merck manual states that most of the bacterial/viral infection-related deaths happened in immune compromised individuals such as those in third-world countries, IV drug users, HIV infected, elderly or young and that the prognosis of those conditions is worse if the treatment is delayed. Therefore, a breastfed, strong child who lives in America under sanitary conditions, and who is otherwise healthy does not seem to be at risk for the fatal statistics presented by the CDC. If the child is sick and taken to the doctor immediately, the appropriate therapy may be promptly applied thus preventing the possible sequelae presented in the CDC literature.

In the CDC brochure, they do admit that “No medication is 100% safe,” but they downplay the potential adverse reactions by claiming that the benefits (to the population) outweigh the risks (to the individuals). This is the argument that they constantly make. They claim that there is “no credible data to suggest thimerosal in vaccines poses a health risk.” If that is true then why was over 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS awarded to families by the US government due to vaccine related injuries and deaths?!? (ref: www.vaccinenation.com)
They purposely hide the “evidence of harm.” The studies that are done to “prove” that vaccines are safe are done by universities but they are funded by the Big Pharma who have a ve$ted interest in those results which means those data are NOT reliable since it is tainted.

On the CDC website, they say that, “Like any medicine, a vaccine is capable of causing serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions.” However, in the section entitled “What is a Vaccine Made of?” They purposely omit things like formaldehyde, ammonium, heavy metals (such as mercury and aluminum), aborted fetal tissue, guinea pig embryo and horse tissue.

The vaccine industry is playing on the fear of the parent. The government and big pharma pretend to be interested in “protecting” the people but are really interested in keeping their billion-dollar corrupt business partnership running. It is outrageous!

Any conscious adult who did a little research would find that there is NO data to support giving all 14 CDC recommended vaccinations to every child born in the USA.

As more and more parents are becoming enlightened on this matter, they will find ways to truly do what is in their child’s best interest. With the multi-media avenues that are being utilized to educate the public on health concerns, it is just a matter of time before this vital information reaches everyone. Then doctors and the government will not be able to control the masses so that they may make a profit. And let us say, Amen!

ElTam

Post Sat, Aug 20 2011, 7:44 pm
In reading your letter to your doctor, I would suggest it needs some editing/tightening. Some of your language is not suited to the tone of the letter.

It also seems from the letter that you have made up your mind and do not intend to continue to vaccinate. If that is the case, it would be more intellectually honest to tell your doctor that you have make up your mind based on information from the Merck Manual and leave it at that.

I pray that your assessment of risk it the right one and your children should not I'YH be exposed to any of these diseases.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Aug 20 2011, 7:54 pm
Your circumstances are unique, and I hope you have a sympathetic ped who is working closely with you.

That said, the letter your friend wrote is awful. The information she includes is incomplete, and she does not present an accurate description of the diseases or the potential risks. Whether or not she actually understands the facts is impossible to ascertain based on the lopsided arguments she presents. I believe the ped did not respond because she did not come across as someone interested in learning more. She came across as stubborn, argumentative and hostile. Someone truly interested in learning more about vaccines can have a civilized discussion. Her entire approach is enough to turn any Dr off from that.

cm

Post Sat, Aug 20 2011, 9:14 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Your circumstances are unique, and I hope you have a sympathetic ped who is working closely with you.

That said, the letter your friend wrote is awful. The information she includes is incomplete, and she does not present an accurate description of the diseases or the potential risks. Whether or not she actually understands the facts is impossible to ascertain based on the lopsided arguments she presents. I believe the ped did not respond because she did not come across as someone interested in learning more. She came across as stubborn, argumentative and hostile. Someone truly interested in learning more about vaccines can have a civilized discussion. Her entire approach is enough to turn any Dr off from that.

Very well said. Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics