Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
6 year old ds has knee pains

Mommy F.

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 10:23 pm
Lately my 6 year old has been complaining that his knees hurt.
Mostly when he walks, especially for long periods of time.

Can it just be growing pains?
Maybe he has flat feet?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Maybe I should just ask our doctor?

What do you ladies think?
TIA

medola

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 10:41 pm
My 5 year old brother was having knee and hip pains last March - they got so bad that he could barely walk, and (don't want to scare you...) turned out to be ALL - leukemia. Something like the cells kept multiplying but were often only maturing half way, so since more and more kept being created inside his bones, the pressure of all of them in the marrow was what was causing the pain in his knees/hips. After he started treatment (chemo) it went away and he can walk now without pain. He is B'H in remission now, but the road to recovery with this type of cancer is really long (3 years of chemo) because even though there seems to be no more cancer cells in his blood, I guess they keep going with the chemo (even with much stronger drugs/doses than before) in order to make sure it does not come back. Before he was finally diagnosed (it took a while and lots of tests to finally figure out what was causing his pain), they considered Lyme Disease and arthritis, don't remember the other ones. Anyway, I pray that this is not what is causing your ds's pain, but you should DEFINITELY see a Dr and get him tested for everything.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 11:50 pm
2 of my dds had swollen sore knees which turned out to be Lyme's disease. Dr. perscribed a month of antibiotics to treat it. For sure you should check it with the doctor. Even if it turns out to be nothing, you'll feel better.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 5:27 am
My daughter used to get bone pain in her legs at night, when young. I'd especially notice it when she had eaten one of two foods she seemed to be allergic to (tomato products or sweet potatoes). It was not serious, and she did outgrow it. It would be best to ask your doctor, and set your mind at ease.

geshmak

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 7:43 am
It can be orthopedic, maybe he needs arches etc, but it can also be physical. Can be strep in the blood (take a blood test, not a culture) or something else. I would see the pediatrician.

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 1:15 pm
I took him to the doctor and he said it's just growing pains B'H.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 3:53 pm
Does he get his vitamins? In general vitamin D is good for that I think. If it persists, try another doctor, just IMHO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics