Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Hamekubal Nissim Shalom

amother

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 5:52 pm
I just got the following text message:

'I'm passing on an SMS that Harav Hamekubal Nissim Shalom dreamt of his grandfather and was told that Moshiach is near, and says that whoever hurries and publicises this will be saved from the birthpangs of Moshiach, and whoever doesn't may be subject to great financial loss. Pass on to at least 12 people quickly, this is a sh'at ratzon.'

Anyone know the source or authenticity of this message?

faigie

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 7:48 pm
I just got it too. I really resent death and doom stuff like this. Especially when we are facing a real hurricane.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 8:25 pm
I resent chain txting....

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 8:54 pm
I don't ever, ever, ever respond to messages that tell me to pass something along to at least X people or to everyone I know. Nor do I pass along predictions of Biat haMashiach. When mashiach finally comes, I feel confident he will find his own way of spreading the news and won't need us to spread the word.

Messages we wouldn't like to see:

Flu season is coming. Pass it along to everyone you know.

finprof

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 9:02 pm
zaq wrote:
When mashiach finally comes, I feel confident he will find his own way of spreading the news and won't need us to spread the word.

Well said! I remember chain emails and letters, yuck!

mom25

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 9:20 pm
I also got this text.

If it would've just said to pass it along maybe I would've believed it. But that "if you dont pass it on then get punishment?!?!?"

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 9:28 pm
classic chain'letter scam format. Order people to contiinue chain, threaten dire consequences if they don't comply. at least they didn't ask for money...

Levtov

Post Thu, Aug 25 2011, 10:01 pm
baloney macaroni....who is this Chacham anyway!!! Pista shtissim!!! I can also make up stuff... Shnell call in the dybek....maybe he can avoid the birthpangs and consequences too!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics