Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dressing well on a tight budget!!!
1  2  Next

dontworry

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 11:36 am
hi
I'm on a very tight budget but I need to update my wardrobe urgently! Also, I would prefer to do my shopping online and not have to shlep my baby along to the store. I'm a size 2-6 (depending on the style...) I'm looking for pencil skirts (and maybe one maxi dress) and tops for everyday and shabbos tops. Any ideas? TIA!
I'm in ny so if anyone has any really great cheap places to shop in the area, please post as well! If it's really worth it, I would make a trip...

fiddle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 11:48 am
old navy online, and marshalls tjmaxx in stores

Sherri

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 11:57 am
Junee for Shabbos?

sgr

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 12:00 pm
Forever 21 online
They have very cute and trendy stuFf at great prices!GOOD LUCK:)

SorGold

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 12:03 pm
online shopping....
tops/maxi dress...kohls (30% percent off with charge card every few weeks or so plus free shipping)
pencil skirts...double header
old navy
lands end overstocks (maybe something nice)

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 12:08 pm
just fyi- returning to forever 21 can be a pain!! here is a link to their return policy
http://www.forever21.com/custo.....turns

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 12:26 pm
Ebay has everything you want and more!

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 1:24 pm
I absolutely LOVE Marshall's/TJMaxx! Though if you are looking for quality stuff to last you more than one season, I would suggest Manhattan department stores at sales times (Macy's, Lord&Taylor).

Online, you just have to wait for the sales. I only buy when things are at least 50% off, and I try to get free shipping. If you wait for labor day, they should be running good sales and still have nice stock.

Try these: look now and put the items you like in your shopping cart. Sign up for emails, and shop when the sale is on!

www.anntaylor.com
www.loft.com
www.gap.com
www.oldnavy.com
www.piperlime.com

Depressed

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 1:27 pm
Consignment shops that have beautiful designer outfits that someone only wore twice and got tired of or gave in. Lakewood has some wonderful gemachs , got my best items from them

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 1:32 pm
sgr wrote:
Forever 21 online
They have very cute and trendy stuFf at great prices!GOOD LUCK:)

I agree, if you are looking for this style. Look through fashion magazines too, they often show you how to get designer looks for old navy prices.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 1:37 pm
Here is a denim pencil skirt, washable, 25 inches long, in size 2 from a Newport News.

http://www.newport-news.com//s.....=1707

bigsis144

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 1:39 pm
I hate shopping online because models always make the clothes fit right.

I have to try things on in person! And even then, take someone along with me to make sure I look decent.

I've bought a few things online, but it was only restocking things that I knew already fit me.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 2:00 pm
Here is a classic suit for forty dollars. Needs to be dry-cleaned.

http://www.chadwicks.com/chadw.....nDate

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 3:12 pm
SorGold wrote:
pencil skirts...double header

How well do those wash? I checked out their website and I see skirts for $10 and $20. Sometimes buying cheaper clothing is not worth it if they don't wash well. Do you have these? Thanks.

To the OP: I check out the sale and clearance racks in department stores whenever I'm there. I find it easier to find clothing when I'm not shopping for something specific. I'll find a fabulous skirt, shirt, accesory... and buy it if it looks good on and that's how I build my wardrobe. Mix and match what you find with what you have for different looks.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 3:41 pm
TARGET!
They have great stuff this season.

classy woman

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 4:14 pm
j.crew I believe had pencil skirts on sale about 30$ , they have an additional 30% off ending today. they have tops as well imo woth it to check out good luck

little_mage

Post Fri, Aug 26 2011, 4:01 pm
I don't know if you have any sewing skills, but if you do, you could easily renew an old skirt or top by adding a ruffle or some lace to the hem. Also, if you have something with a stain, cover it with an appliqued patch made out of scrap fabric.

mommy1108

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:12 pm
ann taylor and loft are stunning. its worthwhile to shop online, put stuff in your cart and then wait for the random 60% off all tops flash sale or the like.

also jcrew outlet! if youre in NY, I know woodbury commons has that and banana republic AND neiman marcus last call

November

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:21 pm
Does anyone have great ideas for updating a wardrobe on a budget in Israel?

mazal555

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 7:04 pm
Walmart, Walmart and Walmart. I got this top: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whit.....06192 And I wear it for Shabbat either alone or with a cardigan. I love it! Don't put it in the dryer. Also, I got some great maxi dresses there very cheap. They also have pencil skirts. And easy returns. Since you are very small, you could also look at their juniors section.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics