Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Keep clothes for next baby?
Previous  1  2

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 8:41 pm
I saved almost everything and it was still in very good condition to pass on. However, my first son was a September baby and the second was born in March so what was perfect for one was the wrong season for the other and I had to buy a bunch of new things for the second because I couldn't use winter clothes for teh summer. I was lucky because there was a huge sale at The Childrens Place then so I ordered whatever I needed online.

My daughter had some very cute things. I passed them on for my niece. If they come back in good condition, I'll save them, if not, I won't. I have way too many baby clothes in storage as it is.

Marigold

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 11:33 pm
I saved all my stuff and they are still in great (almost perfect) condition. My first two were girls and they were both born in the same month so I didn't have to buy anything new. Now I had a boy so I bought a whole new wardrobe for him (not undies, blankets, socks) but all the girl stuff are storaged for future use. I use lots of nature bright, shout and zout and store them inside out.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 28 2011, 11:42 pm
Save what you can. For a child, grandchild, whatever! Even if it wont be used, they will love seeing the clothes or maybe using on a doll.

My parents saved all my stuff, DD used many of them. We also have a few clothes from my mom, and... A traditional lacey/white dress from my grandmother, sewn by her aunt. Priceless.

Marion

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 1:52 am
You better believe it! DS#3 is wearing clothes from DS#1...(obviously so did DS#2). I've given away some of the older items (the stained/"dead" stuff goes to the daycare to use in an emergency when a child needs new clothes and doesn't have any of their own, good stuff goes to sisters-in-law and other friends/family). And still, our closets overflow B'H. I fill in gaps (different sizes in different seasons), but everything gets worn again.

Shuly

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 4:34 am
Is there anything like Oxyclean in Israel?
I save all the clothing, but when I take them out later, I find yellow stains even though my kids hardly spit up.

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 4:42 am
Shuly wrote:
I save all the clothing, but when I take them out later, I find yellow stains even though my kids hardly spit up.

Kalia makes a good stain-remover spray. It comes in a pink bottle - it says "Vanish" and "Oxy-action" on the front. I use it as pre-wash spray for stains and it really works well.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 11:21 am
Shuly wrote:
Ask around, specifically, if there are any oxygenated laundry powders available. Maybe start a new thread?

Aribenj

Post Mon, Aug 29 2011, 8:42 pm
Most of my 1st son's stuff I was able to pass on to #2. In fact, between #2's bris presents and his brothers hand me downs, I've never had to buy him any clothes!
Now that I'm expecting a 3rd boy, I looked over baby stuff and although I did have to throw some of it out, a LOT of it is in amazing condition still.

The trick is to wash with dreft and to hang to dry instead of machine drying.

Also, like someone else here said, bibs are a lifesaver!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries