Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New Hampshire Attractions, Hotels, Kosher Food...

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 8:40 pm
Any ideas & info would be greatly appreciated! I'd rather stay in a place where there are yidden in the "neighborhood". Ive read about suites they have and something like a bungalow colony. Can anyone share anything?

Do I have to shlep food?

TIA!

Liba

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 10:54 pm
There is a kosher hotel in NH:

The New Arlington Hotel
1848 Main St
Bethlehem, NH 03574
Tel: 603-869-3353
Fax:
Email: no current email available. Please call for updated information.
Cuisine:
Supervision: Chasidishe, Glatt Kosher. Satmar Shechita. Also offers Dairy.
Open: June 21'st of 2007 - Labor day.
Contact info during the rest of the year:
Fay Strulovic 718 599-0624
For information about the shul and mikveh call 603-869-3336. The Shul and Mikveh are also open only in the summer season

Outside of that there is a minyan most of the summer at Loon Mountain, but it isn't guaranteed. http://www.lincolnnhminyan.com/

That site has a link to information on kosher food available in the Loon area as well.

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 5:16 am
There are 2 supermarkets that I know of that have kosher meat: in Bedford (between Nashua and Manchester) there's a Big Y with kosher meat. Also I'm pretty sure that the Hanover Coop and the Lebanon Coop both have kosher meat- frozen, I think. There's a Chabad house at Dartmouth College in Hanover (the Grey family) and one in Manchester too (the Krinsky family). I don't know where you're coming from but maybe one of these grocery stores is on your way while traveling so you can stock up before you get to your final destination.

shanie5

Post Mon, Aug 08 2011, 4:12 pm
The 2 places we loved in New Hampshire are Clarks Trading Post In Lincoln and Storyland. Its been a few years since we've gone, but those 2 places bring up great memories.

Aidels

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:25 am
I was last summer in NH, I stayed by heartside village. It's little cottages set up same idea as bungalow colony.. During summer month it's only given out to yidden. They provide nice pool with m/w hrs. The place is kept very clean and neat.. Theres a park for kids. They do not provide food but some buy at the Arlington hotel which is 5 min drive..
U could check it out at
www.hearthsidevillage.com

Ronit

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 11:44 am
http://www.visitwhitemountains......aspx

In Bethlehem there is a shu & mikva with a couple of daily minyanim. It is right next to the Arlington Hotel.

In Lincoln there is usually 3 minyanim daily in the mountain club on loon hotel.

Ronit

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 12:01 pm
I see you wanted to know about food.

If you are in one of these two areas (which are about 35 minutes away from eachother btw) there are places to shop basic ou products, fruits, drinks & vegetables. There's pricechopper, shaws, walmart, all really close by.

The only place with ready made meals is the Arliington Hotel. You can eat in or take out, but they are very expensive. It isn't a restaurant, but rather whatever is on the menu is available to be purchased. It is cheaper to take out.

In the Shul in Bethlehem there is a small 'grocery' which is also quite expensive.

Otherwise I find the simplest thing on vacation is to barbeque. We own a portable gas grill. We bring along frozen chicken, milk, bread & then do the rest of the shopping when we arrive.

bk

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 3:41 pm
Hi, I am also looking to go to New Hampshire. I am looking to go next week, (I know I'm a bit late..). I am looking for a place to stay for about 12/14 people. Would anyone any leads on a house/condo that might be suitable?
Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

ESB

Post Sat, Aug 20 2011, 11:54 pm
I wanna go to New Hampshire this week and stay somewhere thats walking distance to Loon Mountain hotel. Any info is appreciated. Thanx!

Ronit

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 7:44 am
Mountain club on loon is a resort, so even if you stay somewhere on the same road the walk there will be hard.

Mini Cookie

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 7:04 pm
ESB wrote:
I wanna go to New Hampshire this week and stay somewhere thats walking distance to Loon Mountain hotel. Any info is appreciated. Thanx!

There are several places to stay that are within walking distance of Loon Mountain Resort.
- Clearbrook Resort
- Coolidge Falls Resort
- The Village of Loon
- The Mountain Club

ESB

Post Tue, Aug 30 2011, 9:01 pm
Hi everyone,

I just came back from New Hampshire. I stayed in Loon Village, booked through loonres.com.
I had a beautiful house, they had minyan on shabbos in the village, but shabbos afternoon I walked with dh to loon village resort and its about a 10 minute walk not bad at all. It was very convenient. I loved every second there, except sundays weather and mondays kicking me out of my house.

They got hit pretty hard with the hurricane so I wasnt in the mood of staying there, so I came home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics