Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Great Wolf Lodge Poconos reviews/ any restaurants nearby?

overthehill

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 8:06 pm
Has anyone been to great wolf lodge in Poconos? Also, is there any place near there that is drivable, in terms of kosher restaurant, milchig or Fleishig?
TIA

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 9:58 pm
I know this is 6 months later... but....

I was just there. We brought our own food, but there was an ad in the local lawrence jewish newspaper (don;t know what it was called) that the teaneck shopright/kosher experience was delivering meals to the Great Wolf Lodge all Yeshiva Winter Break Week. $15 delivery charge. they also had a menu to chose from.

My friend knew about it. It wasn't cheap, but convenient in that she didn't have to bring dinner, just breakfast, lunch and snacks.

I brought my own dinner - (tx to costco) - pitas, pastrami, turkey deli, salad and salad dressing.

momoswyf

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:39 pm
do you know if there is going to be a minyan over shabbos?

hello

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 2:39 pm
Ok this sounds intresting... How are the sleeping conditions there? (Im very particular would I be ok there?)

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 2:59 pm
I dont know about shabbos (wouldn't know why anyone would want to sleep there over shabbos, The hotel stay is expensive, but you get admission to the waterpark the day you arrive (can use facilities at 1:00, but not go to your room until 4:00) and then check out in the morning by 11:00, but you can still use the waterpark and facilities the whole next day.

In terms of sleeping arrangements, they have different size rooms. We got the "kid cabin" which has a couch and a queen sized bed, as well as a "seperate" kids room which has a single bed and a bunk bed looking like its a log cabin. Bathroom, shower, guarded fire place.

It was very cute!

Herwe is a link to great wolf lodge in the poconos
http://www.greatwolf.com/poconos/waterpark

here is a link to the rooms
http://www.greatwolf.com/poconos/plan/suites

speciwoman

Post Tue, Aug 30 2011, 1:22 pm
I know I'm replying to a thread that's been dead for a year and a half, but I was wondering if anyone has feedback about Great Wolf Lodge. Is this a popular place during Yeshiva Break in January? Is there a lot for a 2 and a 4 year-old? How many days would be too many?

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Aug 31 2011, 11:39 am
yes - very popular for yeshiva break - lots of frum women wading in clothing or swim dresses and tichels
in the past shopright kosher experience in engelwood even delivered dinner....

for a one night payed stay - u basically get 2 days in the water park -
u can check in early but will not have access to your room until after 4 or 5pm - but u can change in the changingrooms/bathrooms that r in the waterpark -

then u sleep in the fun and cutely decorated rooms and you check out but can use the waterpark the whole day again - the water park closes at 9pm

yes there are wading pools and mini slides for the kids and a wave pool that u can wade in or sit on tubes that will rock u when the waves come

it is so much fun - my kids had a blast!!!

it is quite expensive - but well worth the 1 night/2 days.. more than that would be "to long" imho
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics