Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Babysitter in the home verses taking toddler to babysitter

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 12:21 pm
I have never used a babysitter before, my toddler (1yrs old)has always been with me.I have someone who watches children in her home 2 to be exact,around the same age as my toddler. should I let her go there for the first time TOMORROW (she will be the steady babysitter starting next week anyway 2days a week)or get a babysitter to come in my home to watch her until I get back. I would be gone for about 5hrs.also she nurses (before a nap,which I could do before I go and leave a "bottle" for her) doesnt' take a bottle,or pacifier. she drinks from a reg cup or a sport bottle. she has a steady nap schedule so she would just wake up when I get ready to leave and take another nap while I am gone.OR take her with me,(I would probably be the only mother with her baby and probably wouldn't get a chance to enjoy the programthat I helped organize).I could find a babysitter close by so if she needs me I could come to her(this is probably a little difficult because I dont know anyone, I would have to go on word of mouth).
any suggestions??

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 12:23 pm
I took mykids out, I didn't want any monkey business at home, and it was cheaper too.

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 12:38 pm
chocmoose~to a babysitter or with u to the event?

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 12:39 pm
wouldn't you stay with her a bit for the first day, or would that not be possible with your schedule?
does she know the house she would be going to, is she familiar with it?
does she know the babysitter and other children at all?

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 12:47 pm
embarrassedI was going to stay a little while for at least an hour and no she doesnt' know them embarrassed maybe I should just forget about it, Crying I need advice if not tomorrow how should I go about it? I could ask my 20yr old to not go to ulpan for the 2nd half to be here to watch the baby.

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 12:58 pm
I don't know, I was under the impression that the mothers usually stay with the child a bit to get them comfortable in their new surroundings.

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 1:03 pm
hmmm I could go earlier and stay for a couple of hrs then leave???but that is at the beginning of her nap time, she is a very social baby,she gets sooo excited when she sees another toddler,today I had a bday party for her and had maybe 5 kids with parents here and she didnt come to me at all! she played and walked and "talked".maybe I should just take her with me with a mothers helper.

sugarplum

Post Wed, Aug 31 2011, 11:08 pm
From my experience baby forgets about sleep when there is fun going on. But it's her first daY so depending how you think she will be in her new surroundings . You don't want her to go through 2 stresses at the same time. But what would you do the rest of the year /. Or is it differrent hours. I would take baby along but that's me. I can't detach from him yet. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics